TBS’s exclusive coverage of Major League Baseball’s American League Division Series (ALDS) between the Tampa Bay Rays and Texas Rangers on Friday, September 30, earned a 1.9 U.S. household rating and 2,866,000 total viewers according to Nielsen’s Fast Nationals. That is up 19% and 28% respectively versus the network’s coverage of Game 1 last year between these two teams. The Rays defeated the Rangers 9-0 to take a 1-0 lead in the best of five series.
Local Market Ratings
• Dallas-Fort Worth averaged 6.9 HH Rtg, +17% from 2010 Game 1 Texas at Tampa Bay series (5.9 HH Rtg).
• Tampa-Bay DMA averaged 12.1 HH Rtg, +26% from 2010 Game 1 Texas at Tampa Bay series (9.6 HH Rtg).
Sat., Oct. 1 games on TBS include:
• Arizona Diamondbacks @ Milwaukee Brewers, Game 1 (2:00 PM ET)
• St. Louis Cardinals @ Philadelphia Phillies, Game 1 (5:00 PM ET)
• Detroit Tigers @ New York Yankees, Game 1 (8:30 PM ET)
Sat., Oct. 1 game on TNT includes:
• Tampa Bay Rays @ Texas Rangers, Game 2 (7:00 PM ET)
TBS is the exclusive television home of all four of Major League Baseball’s League Division Series (LDS) and the National League Championship Series (NLCS).
Source: Based on Nielsen Media Research, Live + Same Day Fast Nationals. Day 1 of the 2011 MLB Postseason vs. Day 1 of the 2010 MLB Post Season. Texas Rangers at Tampa Bay Ray series Game 1 only. Local ratings from Arianna, Live + Same Day (09-30-11 vs. 10-06-11).