The House Judiciary Subcommittee on Intellectual Property, Competition and the Internet hearing on music licensing will feature a six-witness panel that includes representation from most major stakeholder categories. Hubbard’s Bruce Reese will be holding down the fort for broadcasters.
Specific topics were not revealed by the Subcommittee, but Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) has made it public knowledge that his Internet Radio Fairness Act will be up for discussion.
The hearing kicks off Wednesday 11/28/12 at 11:30 AM.
Here is the full witness list:
* Mr. Joseph J. Kennedy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Pandora Media, Inc.
* Mr. Bruce T. Reese, President and Chief Executive Officer, Hubbard Radio LLC, on behalf of the National Association of Broadcasters
* Mr. David B. Pakman, Partner, Venrock
* Mr. Jimmy Jam, Chair Emeritus, The Recording Academy, Record Producer, Songwriter, Recording Artist
* Dr. Jeffrey A. Eisenach, Managing Director and Principal, Navigant Economics
* Mr. Michael J. Huppe, President, SoundExchange, Inc.