NAB Show’s new digital experience, NAB Show Express, has an official date.
The event, wholly online, will take place May 13-14, the NAB announced Monday.
The digital platform is designed to serve as a beacon for those vendors who will no longer be able to participate in the NAB Show’s expo, as the 2020 event in Las Vegas set to begin Saturday has been canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Registration for NAB Show Express will open on April 20 at NABShowExpress.com.
NAB Show Express will comprise three education channels that mirror traditional NAB Show experiences.
- BEIT Express, a channel focused on broadcast engineering and information technology
- NAB Show Experience, offering a variety of educational sessions, product innovation showcases and interviews with industry trailblazers
- Tech Talks, an NAB Show Live Special Edition, produced by Broadcast Beat and showcasing relevant conversations with NAB Show community influencers.
Each channel will feature eight hours of content streamed daily and available on-demand to accommodate the global NAB Show audience.
NAB Show Express will also offer NAB Show’s signature podcast, exploring relevant themes and featuring prominent speakers.
The platform will feature more than 100 educational sessions, including interactive panels and select sessions originally slated for NAB Show in Las Vegas, such as NAB President/CEO Gordon Smith’s State of the Industry address.
The free NAB Show Express Solutions Marketplace will offer exhibitor profiles, company-hosted events, press conferences and special offers for those interested in exploring new products and exhibitor news.
Resources, such as industry-related white papers, articles, webinars, guides and research reports, will also be available for those who register.
Additionally, NAB Show Express will feature three standalone training and executive leadership events for which separate registrations will be available soon.
- Executive Leadership Summit (May 11)
- Cybersecurity & Content Protection Summit (May 12) – registration fees apply;
- Post | Production World Online (May 17 – 19), produced in partnership with Future Media Conferences (FMC) – registration fees apply.