Sunday Results: Regarding this morning’s Nielsens, remember that the fast-affiliate ratings that came in at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT are not time zone-adjusted and typically understate live NFL telecasts. Despite that, NBC is currently #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox in every key ratings category, including adult-female demos, in the fast-affiliate ratings.
• In metered-market results, which are time zone-adjusted, the 13.6/24 in metered-market households from 8:30 p.m.-9 and 10-12:15 a.m. ET for NBC Sports’ coverage of last night’s San Francisco 49ers-Seattle Seahawks game is the #1 rating of the night, excluding Fox’s NFL overrun.
• Despite last night’s one-hour weather delay, the game’s 13.6/24 is the best overnight rating for any West Coast NFC primetime game in nearly 22 years (since November 25, 1991, 49ers-L.A. Rams, 15.4/24)
• The 13.6/24 overnight is up 8% versus the 12.6/22 for the same 49ers-Seahawks “Sunday Night Football” matchup televised on Dec. 23 last year.
• NBC’s primetime average of a 10.2/17 in metered-market households is #1 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox by a 32% margin over #2 CBS (10.2/17 vs. 7.7/12), which was boosted by an NFL overrun.
• Last night’s game delivered the best-ever NBC “Sunday Night Football” local rating in the Seattle market (44.8/66) and ties the San Francisco-New England game on Dec. 16, 2012 for best NBC “SNF” rating ever in the San Francisco market (26.8/48).
• The top five markets were: Seattle 44.8/66; Sacramento 31.3/50; San Francisco 26.8/48; Portland 22.7/38; New Orleans 19.0/27