The National Cable & Telecommunications Association has put together the key details of its agenda for The Cable Show 2012, NCTA’s 61st Annual Convention and International Exposition. Here’s a look on what’s on top for the 5/21-23 event.
Monday, May 21 at 10:00 a.m. (EDT)
* Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Show co-chairs:
* Philip Kent, Chairman & CEO, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
* Neil Smit, President & CEO, Comcast Cable and Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
State of the Industry Address:
* Michael Powell, President & CEO, NCTA
Industry Panel: How innovative companies are positioning themselves to take advantage of an anytime, anywhere, anything-goes media environment.
Moderator: Erin Burnett, Chief Business and Economics Correspondent and Anchor, “Erin Burnett OutFront,” CNN.
* Tim Armstrong, Chairman & CEO, AOL
* Glenn Britt, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner Cable
* David Zaslav, President & CEO, Discovery Communications
Tuesday, May 22 at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
Industry Panel — Digital Disruption: The impact of digital distribution on the future of entertainment, communications and commerce in our daily lives.
Moderator: Julia Boorstin, Media and Entertainment Reporter, CNBC
* Edward Burns, Film Director, Actor and Writer
* Reo Caraeff, President & CEO, VEVO
* Dan Mead, President & CEO, Verizon Wireless
* Neil Smit, President & CEO, Comcast Cable, and Executive Vice President, Comcast Corporation
One-on-One Conversation: Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, will be interviewed by Michael Powell, NCTA President & CEO.
Political Panel — Campaigns in Context: A candid discussion of the U.S. political scene and the forthcoming presidential election in the context of a rapidly changing environment for the delivery of news and the framework for civic dialogue.
Moderator: Steve Scully, Sr. Executive Producer and Political Editor, C-SPAN
* John King, Chief National Correspondent and Anchor, “John King, USA,” CNN
* Chris Matthews, Host, “Hardball with Chris Matthews,” MSNBC
* Maria Elena Salinas, Co-Anchor, “Noticiero Univision,” Univision
Wednesday, May 23 at 9:30 a.m. (EDT)
One-on-One Conversation: Conan O’Brien, Host of “Conan” on TBS, will be interviewed by Piers Morgan, Host of “Piers Morgan Tonight” on CNN.
Sports Panel – Good Sports: The impact of digital media and around-the-clock access on the economics and strategies of the modern-day sports business.
Moderator: Darren Rovell, Sports Business Reporter, CNBC
* David Hill, Chairman & CEO, Fox Sports Media Group
* David Levy, President of Sales, Distribution & Sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
* John Skipper, President, ESPN, Inc. & Co-Chairman, Disney Media Networks, ESPN, Inc.
* David Stern, Commissioner, National Basketball Association
Industry Panel — Whose Viewer Is It? Viewpoints about competition and collaboration in an environment where plentiful delivery options have blurred traditional business boundaries.
Moderator: Piers Morgan, Host, “Piers Morgan Tonight,” CNN
* Jeffrey Bewkes, Chairman & CEO, Time Warner, Inc.
* Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President & COO, News Corporation
* Patrick Esser, President, Cox Communications
* Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer, Netflix