Phoenix, AZ – ABC15 in Phoenix is looking for a creative, innovative line producer to help take our on-air product to the next level.
Only apply if you are passionately curious, detail oriented and highly organized. The right candidate will be an expert showcaser who holds themselves to a high standard and consistently identifies strong local, relevant content.
We are looking for a great collaborator and a strong writer. If you are a smart, committed journalist with the knowhow to use all the latest tools to create a great newscast, please let us know you are out there!
Please include a reel link on your resume of your work for further review.
• Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing.
• Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding.
• Execute time-sensitive decisions and write clearly for multiple platforms.
• Responsible for oversight of daily live broadcasts.
• Edit video for multiple platforms.
• Assists with on-air and online production of all filed material.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
3+ years experience in local news producing, with a preferred BA in Journalism.
Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Operates with considerable latitude. Independently performs assignments to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
• Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
• Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
• Advanced knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
• Proficient at posting content to various websites.
• Computer literacy required, with a preference for newsroom computer systems.
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
The Perks at ABC15:
• A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
• One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you’ll ever work within!
• Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don’t brag (too much).
• A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
• 300 sunny days each year, along with the best “winter” you’ll ever experience!
• A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
• Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
• A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
• A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station’s commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners, with 33 television stations in 24 markets and a reach of nearly one in five U.S. households. It also owns 34 radio stations in eight markets. Scripps also runs an expanding collection of local and national digital journalism and information businesses, including multi-platform satire and humor brand Cracked, podcast industry leader Midroll Media and over-the-top video news service Newsy. Scripps also produces television shows including “THE LIST” and “The Now,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and serves as the long-time steward of the nation’s largest, most successful and longest-running educational program, the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Television Station KNXV ABC15 is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this position, please visit us at our External Career Center: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1060841&d=External and search for requisition #13272