PepsiCo and the National Football League announced the renewal of their long-term partnership with a multi-year agreement to take effect in 2012. The new agreement builds on the organizations’ 28-year relationship, aligns several of PepsiCo’s brands with the NFL. PepsiCo will continue its sponsorship of the NFL International Series. Also included:
• Gatorade will continue its relationship with the League, delivering functional benefits for athletes via the Gatorade G Series along with education programs like “Beat the Heat.”
• Pepsi MAX will continue its relationship with the League as the official soft drink of the NFL, delivering fan-favorite activations both on-air and around the games.
• Frito-Lay will continue its relationship with the League, delivering 360 degree consumer and shopper activation engagement that promotes game-watching occasions like “Crash The Super Bowl.”
• Quaker Oats will become a new partner of the League next year.
• Tropicana will also become a new brand engaged with the NFL in 2012.
• The formation of a joint Innovation Task Force, which will develop new food and beverage concepts for fans as well as sideline innovations and enhancements to health and safety for athletes.