The six-station deal sending a cluster of Great Falls MT radio stations to STARadio was announced without a price tag. However, the paperwork has made it to the FCC, and as usual, that has made the sales price a matter of public record.
Howard Doss’s small market radio group will be paying $1.75M for the radio six-pack, with $100K going into escrow and the balance being due in cash at closing. An LMA for the stations should kick in shortly.
“We are pleased to be returning to Great Falls after owning stations from 1988 through 2001 in the market and look forward to working with the business community,” said Doss, who launched STARadio in 1985. The Illinois-based group owns stations in several smaller markets.
“The acquisition of these stations by STARadio will complete the disposition of Fisher’s small market radio group, which started in 2006,” said Fisher CEO Colleen Brown. “We are thrilled that STARadio will acquire these properties and feel that STARadio is a great fit for our Fisher team members in that market.”
The stations include:
* KQDI-AM Great Falls MT, a Class C on 1450 kHz with 720-W-U, ND
* KWGF-AM Great Falls MT, a Class C on 1400 kHz with 680 w-U, ND
* KQDI-FM Highwood MT, a Class C1 on 106.1 MHz with 100 kW @ 371’
* KIKF-FM Cascade MT, a Class C on 104.9 MHz with 94 kW @ 2,037’
* KINX-FM Fairfield MT, a Class C1 on 102.7 MHz with 93 kW @ 896’
* KWGF-FM Vaughan MT, a Class C3 on 103.9 MHz with 3.3 kW @ 896’; this station has applied to upgrade to Class C1 on 101.7 MHz with 100 kW @ 896’.