News from up and down the radio dial: Emmis and Townsquare are getting set to discuss their latest financial results; Gen Media Partners has in interest in high school; and musicians Chris Janson and Jarryd James have been using radio to propel their careers.
* There’s a lot going on at Emmis these days, and it will discuss events and financial results with investors, analysts and other interested parties on Tuesday 5/5/15. The conference call kicks off at 500 eastern.
* Townsquare, the junior public company on the broadcast roster, is on the conference call schedule. It will hit the phone wires Thursday 5/7/15 at 8AM eastern. As we have in the past, we offer our sympathies to our colleagues on the west coast who will be dialing in.
* Multimedia rep coalition Gen Media Partners has partnered with School Sports Media, bringing hyperlocal marketing assets into its suite of assets. Gen Media is a partnership between McGavren Guild and others providing access to radio and numerous other media platforms.
* iHeartMedia is assisting Warner Music Nashville and Country singer-song-writer Chris Janson take his music to the next level. iHeartRadio will feature him as an “On the Verge Artist,” adding to exposure already given on over 140 Country radio stations. And they say radio and records can’t work together…
* Singer-songwriter Jarryd James is from Australia and is now embarking on an effort to expand his reach into the United States. According to record label Interscope Records, he gained critical mass in his home country by making it to #1 on Australian radio.