News from around the dial: Entercom and SiriusXM have scheduled conference calls, Greater Media took a Flyer on hockey, Vertical Bridge closes on a tower; Westwood’s Esiason plugs radio ads; Cumulus brings sports to Colorado and Alpha Music Libraries celebrates a birthday.
* The Q2 results of Entercom Communications will be the topic of the standard quarterly conference call next month. The session will be held Thursday 8/6/15 at 10 AM eastern.
* The date is Tuesday 7/28/15. The time is 8AM Eastern – bad news for reporters based on the West Coast. The event is the SiriusXM quarterly conference call to discuss Q2 2015 results.
* Greater Media’s 97.5 The Fanatic WPEN and Rocker 93.3 WMMR will continue to carry PBP of the NHL’s Philadelphia Flyers. WPEN will also serve as flagship under terms of a multiyear deal.
* Vertical Bridge has closed on its acquisition of a Quincy MA broadcast tower associated with WJDA-AM. The seller is Principle Broadcasting Network. Kalil & Co. brokered the deal.
* Westwood One’s Boomer Esiason is plugging the value of long-term sponsorship on the radio network’s NFL play-by-play. He says to go deep – both in game and into the season – and win massive reach.
* Cumulus us taking KCSF AM 1300 All Sports, All the Time, which it says is a first for the station’s Colorado Springs home. It will feature regional PBP and a syndicated talent lineup.
* Alpha Music Libraries just celebrated its first birthday, providing some 750,000 tracks and growing with hundreds of thousands of beds, tons of sound effects, and sound design as well.