Today’s list of items pertaining to the world of US radio are all program notes, all the time. There’s a new format from Westwood One, new features for Envision’s The Rooster, new Christian-focused financial programming from Dave Ramsey and Chris Brown, and new programming from Salem and EWTN on stations just acquired from Radio Disney.
* Westwood One has a new format – Classic Hits-Rock will cover music from the 60s through the 80s and will provide its Rock core unadulterated by other contemporary pop music genres.
* Envision Networks has updated The Rooster – in particular, it now has a drag and drop feature that allows stations to customize content to suit their own needs. And The Rooster will remember the changes and incorporate them going forward.
* Dave Ramsey’s Ramsey Solutions is partnering with Salem Media Group to provide financially-themed programming for Salem’s fleet of Christian radio stations. Chris Brown will host.
* What was Radio Disney’s WDDZ Pittsburgh is now Salem Media Group’s, and it is now channeling the group’s conservative Talk lineup. The switch kicked in 5/13/15.
* What was Radio Disney’s WWMK Cleveland is now St. Peter the Rock Media’s, and it has now installed EWTN’s Catholic radio format. Its new calls are WCCR.