Radio/TV combo sold north of Tampa


SoldA local station pair – an FM and a low power digital Class A television station, are going to a new owner. The FM comes with some upside.

The stations are WYKE-FMInglisFLand WYKE-CD Inglis/Yankeetown FL.

The seller is Citrus County Association for Retarded Citizens Inc., headed by Executive Director Chester V. Cole.

The buyer is a for-profit company called Baynet Management Inc. Joshua Daniels holds 90% of the buyer and Carl Jackson the remaining 10%.

The price for the stations will be $2.75M.

The FM serves an unrated portion ofFloridanorth of Tampa-St. Petersburg and east ofOcala. It plays Fox Sports, and is a Class A on 94.3 MHz with 4.4 kW @ 381’.

The intriguing factor is a CP held by the FM which offers the potential of reaching a much greater audience. It will stay on 94.3 in Inglis, but as a Class C3 with 19 kW @ 367’.

The television station is on Channel 47. It describes its programming as a mix of “political commentary, education, religion and beyond.” It also carries programming from America One and My Family TV.