NEW YORK — Come Wednesday (10/16), a host of top executives from The E.W. Scripps Company will find themselves ready to participate in sessions across a range of topics focused on next-generation media technology at the increasingly popular NAB Show New York.
From innovations in advertising to OTT strategy and digital audio insights, Scripps leaders will offer perspectives on the business models and technology trends emerging for 2020 and what those trends mean for the future of the media industry.
NAB Show New York is produced by the National Association of Broadcasters and will showcase the best in next-generation technology for media, entertainment and technology professionals with conferences and workshops held at the Javits Center in New York.
“Grounded in a long tradition of media entrepreneurship, Scripps continues to evolve to meet the interests and habits of tomorrow’s audiences across both its Local and National Media divisions,” Scripps President/CEO Adam Symson said. “Scripps’ presence at the convention reflects our teams’ focus on emerging media platforms and changing consumer behaviors. From the digital audio leadership at Stitcher and Triton to Newsy’s strong position in the OTT and streaming ecosystem, Scripps is delivering news and information wherever our consumers will go next.”
Scripps presentations at or adjacent to NAB Show include:
Wednesday, Oct. 16
- VP/Sales for Local Media Missy Evenson joins executives from Empower, NBCUniversal and GroupM for “Advanced Advertising and Spot TV.” The panel takes place at 2:30pm as part of the TV2020: Monetizing the Future Summit at NAB.
- Tom Sly, vice president of revenue for National Media, joins a TV2020 panel with executives from Sinclair, Gray, Simpli.fi and more for “Diversifying Revenue Streams in 2020.” The session begins at 3:30pm.
Thursday, Oct. 17
- Sarah van Mosel, chief revenue officer at Stitcher, joins Vox Media Podcast Network to present the session “Audio Insights for your Podcast Strategy” at 12:30pm.
- Samuel Sousa, senior advisor for streaming research and development at Triton, will moderate the panel “Anatomy of a Stream” at the Audio Engineering Society’s East Coast Convention, one of the largest gatherings of audio professionals in the world. It is co-located with the NAB show this year. The panel will take place at 1pm.
Friday, Oct. 18
- Samuel Sousa joins executives from Entercom, Dolby Laboratories and more for a conversation on “Metadata – What Works, What Does Not and Why?” at 10:30am at the AES Convention, concurrent to NAB Show N.Y.