We’ve known since August that the House Communications Subcommittee would be looking into STELA in September, and learned last week that the hearing would be Wednesday 9/11/13. Now we’ve learned that the Judiciary’s Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet is also getting in on the act, and even has witnesses named.
The Communications Subcommittee hearing is on the schedule for Wednesday at 2PM.
The Courts, Intellectual Property will get the drop on it, so to speak, coming to order Tuesday 9/10/13 at 10AM Eastern.
A cross-section of industries will be represented at the Tuesday hearing, including:
* James Campbell, Vice-President for Regulatory Affairs, CenturyLink, Inc.
* R. Stanton Dodge, Executive Vice-President, General, Counsel and Secretary, DISH Network, LLC
* Paul Donato, Executive Vice-President and Chief Research Officer, The Nielsen Company
* Robert Garrett, Partner, Arnold and Porter, LLP on behalf of the Major League Baseball
* Earle MacKenzie, Executive Vice-President and Chief Operating Officer, Shentel Cable on behalf of the American Cable Association
* Preston Padden, Former President, ABC Television Network and Former Executive Vice-President, The Walt Disney Company (Testifying on his own behalf)
* Gerard J. Waldron, Partner, Covington & Burling, LLP on behalf of the National Association of Broadcasters