The expanded channel lineup can only be received with the new SiriusXM Edge satellite radio, online and via the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for smartphones.
The expansion includes the debut of SiriusXM Latino, a suite of new Latin channels featuring a variety of commercial-free music, plus programming from leading providers of Spanish-language sports, news, talk and entertainment.
The launch of new programming is the first phase of SiriusXM 2.0, an upgrade that is set to include hardware, software, audio, and data services. By employing more efficient modulation and compression techniques that effectively delivers 25% more bandwidth capacity, SiriusXM will expand its audio and data services without affecting the sound quality of existing channels.
Edge—so far one receiver–is available shop.siriusxm.com and available at 2,500 retail locations nationwide by this holiday shopping season. Additional programming and expanded listener capabilities will be announced in coming months.
The expanded programming offering:
• Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio, channel 310: SiriusXM and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will commemorate the artists who’ve been inducted into The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. The channel will feature highlights from Induction Ceremonies from the past, the Rock Hall’s famous 25th anniversary celebration from Madison Square Garden, and stories from the Museum. The channel will also contain music and stories from Rock Hall inductees The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Temptations, The Doors, Pink Floyd, U2, Tom Petty, and more.
• SiriusXM Comes Alive!, channel 316: Hear the ultimate library of live classic rock recordings seamlessly hand crafted, song by song. Even if you weren’t there, you can experience these magical moments 24/7 on one channel. Get your lighters out and get ready to rock as SiriusXM Comes Alive!
• RockBar, channel 313: Step into your favorite rocking bar for non-stop sing-a-long anthems from artists like AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Van Halen, Nickelback, The Ramones, Aerosmith, Motley Crüe, Led Zeppelin, and more.
• Classic College Radio, channel 319: The roots of Indie Rock started on college campuses across North America. SiriusXM brings the spirit and the passion of those early days of indie rock to this channel with the music of Sonic Youth, The Replacements, The Pixies, R.E.M., Bjork, Guided by Voices, among others.
• Red White & Booze, channel 350: The music of Country-themed bars and honky tonks across America, featuring a mix of country and rock songs from artists like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and more.
• Party Mega Mix, channel 300: The party never ends with SiriusXM’s Party Mega Mix. An upbeat party soundtrack from artists like The Black Eyed Peas, B-52’s, Katy Perry, Run DMC, Usher, and more.
• Krishna Das Yoga Radio, channel 360: Coming soon. Created in partnership with yoga musician Krishna Das, who the New York Times called the “Chant Master of American Yoga,” the channel features music from Krishna Das and many different artists from the world of yoga and meditation. Listeners will be transported to a deeper place where they can quiet the mind and open the heart.
New comedy channels:
• Carlin’s Corner, channel 400: Produced with George Carlin’s daughter, Kelly Carlin, and his best friend and business partner, Jerry Hamza, SiriusXM honors the man who made the “seven deadly words” famous with his own channel, featuring the albums, concerts and private archives of the one and only George Carlin.
• UCB Radio, channel 406: Produced with the irreverent and already legendary Upright Citizens Brigade, SiriusXM gives a voice to the underground sketch, improv and stand-up comedy that is breaking new styles of comedy and launching new star comedians.
• Dirty Dog, channel 403: Pushing the boundaries of rude and raucous comedy farther than ever before, including favorite comics at their edgiest, such as Sam Kinison, Jim Norton, Doug Stanhope, Artie Lange, Lisa Lampanelli, Sarah Silverman and more.
New sports channels:
• ESPN SportsCenter, channel 370: The only radio channel offering 24-hour access to the best in sports news and highlights shows, including SportsCenter, ESPNews and more.
The SiriusXM Latino channel lineup:
• Caliente, channel 150: A red-hot mix of the biggest hits of tropical, salsa, merengue and Reggaeton, playing, among others, Marc Anthony, Juanes, Juan Luis Guerra, Aventura, Shakira, Gilberto Santa Rosa, Daddy Yankee, Paulina Rubio, Victor Manuelle, and Luis Miguel.
• Viva, channel 500: The brightest Latin stars in contemporary pop, alternative and ballads, playing Enrique Iglesias, Shakira, Maná, Camila, Juanes, Luis Fonsi, Julieta Venegas, Belanova, La Quinta Estación and more.
• La Mezcla, channel 503: Top hits in Spanish and English, playing Lady Gaga, Paulina Rubio, Ke$ha, Shakira, Britney Spears, Pitbull, Katy Perry, Enrique Iglesias, Ricky Martin, and more.
• Flow Nación, channel 506: The hottest sounds in Latin hip-hop and Reggaeton, featuring Pitbull, Wisin & Yandel, Lil Rob, Daddy Yankee, Baby Bash, Nina Sky, Don Omar, and Kat Deluna.
• Aguila, channel 510: The sound of Norteño bands, Ranchera, Duranguense and the sounds of traditional Mexican music, including among others Larry Hernandez, Ana Gabriel, Los Tigres Del Norte, La Adictiva Banda San José, El Trono de Mexico, Banda Machos, Vicente Fernandez, and Jenni Rivera.
• Latidos, channel 520: Romantic Latin love songs from the ‘90s to today, with such artists as Alejandro Sanz, Chayanne, Camila, Gloria Estefan, Cristan Castro, Luis Miguel, Franco de Vita, and Laura Pausini.
• Caricia, channel 523: The classics from unforgettable artists in Spanish and English, showcasing Miguel Bosé, Juan Gabriel, Bee Gees, Roberto Carlos, Camilo Sesto, Journey, Julio Iglesias, and Pimpinela.
• Luna, channel 530: Latin percussion and Afro-Cuban rhythms blended with Jazz for a fun-filled musical journey, with selections from Tito Puente, Eddie Palmieri, Cal Tjader, Paquito D’Rivera, Chucho Valdes, Dizzy Gillespie, Mongo Santamaria, and more.
• Rumbón, channel 533: Classic salsa from the legendary artists and bands from yesterday, playing, among others, Fania All Stars, Celia Cruz, Hector Lavoe, Willie Colon, Rubén Blades, Cheo Feliciano, Johnny Pacheco, and Roberto Roena.
• La Kueva, channel 540: Latin rock classics and today’s upcoming artists, including Maná, Fabulosos Cadillacs, Soda Estéreo, Molotov, Juanes, Puya, Rata Blanca, and more.
The expanded Latin channel lineup also adds RadioFórmula México, channel 560, 24/7 news and talk from the leading radio broadcaster from Mexico. It joins on the SiriusXM lineup CNN’s 24-hour Spanish-language news network, CNN en Español on channel 148. Subscribers will also get Playboy Radio en Español, channel 569.
Talk show host Cristina Saralegui’s Cristina Radio will feature lifestyle, health and family programming for Latinas, produced by National Latino Broadcasting and launching in the coming months.
In addition, SiriusXM will deliver more world-class Spanish-language sports coverage, featuring play-by-play from NFL teams. Play-by-play will be available on multiple Deportes en Vivo channels, XM channels 550-556, which will also carry sports play-by-play from major college programs such as Army, University of Texas, Oregon State University and University of Nevada, among others, as well as an expanded lineup of MLB games.