“SnapApp Contests” enables companies to engage their target audience by creating and hosting contests across all of their web channels. The company, in the marketing space since 2006, provides a platform that allows companies to create promotions that engage and interact with prospects and customers for branding and marketing.
SnapApp Contests supports video, photo and text competitions. It also allows for simultaneous distribution of content to multiple websites, social media platforms, blogs, ad units, and email.
SnapApp spokesperson Shana Starr tells RBR-TVBR that CSN (Comcast Sports Network) Philadelphia wanted to promote their sports network as the ultimate destination for Philadelphia Eagles fans and drive email newsletter subscriptions. In particular, they wanted to:
–Increase interest in the CSN Philadelphia channel.
–Collect targeted leads for their mailing list so they could reach Philadelphia Eagles fans.
–Engage their fans on their social networking sites, including Facebook and So CSN used SnapApp to create a sweepstakes that ran on their Facebook page, on the CSN Philadelphia website and on the official Philadelphia Eagles website.
The 2011 Philadelphia Eagles Season Ticket sweepstakes first asked fans what they were most excited about for the upcoming football season. Then fans filled in their information for a chance to win the grand prize, a pair of season tickets. Fans also could choose to sign up for the Eagles newsletter or receive breaking Eagles news via text alerts.
CSN Philadelphia added an extra boost to their viral marketing efforts by allowing fans an additional entry if they shared a link to the sweepstakes on Twitter or Facebook. The sweepstakes ran for a month, just before football season. During that time, the CSN Philadelphia sweepstakes was very successful.
– Tens of thousands of impressions
– 90+% entry rate
– 25% increase in Facebook Likes –
– ~65% of leads opted in rates for newsletters and texts
Starr says PBS, MTV, NPR, ABC Family, Viacom, NBC and CNBC are also clients, but prefer not to mention yet how SnapApp was used.
Overall, SnapApp contest highlights include:
• Support for video, photo and text/ written contests
• Ability to publish/ distribute across the web including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, email, ad units, Pinterest, Google+, mobile and more
• True customization: users can customize the look of virtually every aspect of their contest
• Ability to monitor and approve entries before they are uploaded to the gallery
• Control over voting (including public/ private voting options)
• Built in social sharing functionality
• Mobile compatible
• Easy video and photo upload via YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, PC or URL
• Detailed reporting/analytics including share rates, impressions and leads collected by channel