With a mix of repeat and original programming opposite mostly original competition, ABC ranked #1 on Sunday night in Adults 18-49, tying CBS’ all-original lineup and leading Fox by 12% and NBC’s first-run lineup by 27%.
ABC’s repeat America’s Funniest Home Videos earned second place in the 7 o’clock hour to CBS’ original 60 Minutes, beating out NBC’s original Dateline by 1.7 million viewers and by 17% in Adults 18-49.
- Surging over its last encore in Total Viewers (+26%) and Adults 18-49 (+40%), AFHV posted its strongest repeat performance in more than 4 months – since 12/18/11.
Growing over its last original 3 weeks ago, ABC’s Once Upon a Time more than doubled its lead-in at 8pm (+107%) to win its hour for its 7th consecutive original broadcast in Adults 18-49. From 8-9pm, the freshman ABC drama outran CBS’ Amazing Race XX by 16%, Fox’s 25th Anniversary Special by 61% and NBC’s Harry’s Law by 222%. Television’s highest-rated new drama this season, Once Upon a Time once again registered as Sunday night’s #1 TV show in the key young adult sales demo.
- Building over its last original in Total Viewers (+5%) and Adults 18-49 (+4%), Once Upon a Time posted its most-watched telecast in 6 weeks and matched a 7-week high with young adults – since 3/11/12 and 3/4/12, respectively. Jumping 20% in young men from its last first run airing, Once Upon a Time equaled a 10-week high with Men 18-34 – since 2/12/12.
- Continuing to dramatically improve its time slot, Once Upon a Time boosted its hour for ABC year to year by 1.0 million viewers and by 32% in Adults 18-49 over first-run programming on the same night last year.
From 9-11pm, ABC’s Hallmark Hall of Fame: Firelight finished #2 in its 2-hour time period with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49, while ranking #1 across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
- Firelight was up from the last Hallmark Hall of Fame movie (on 1/29/12) in Total Viewers (+12%) and Adults 18-49 (+7%), standing as ABC’s best performance yet with the movie franchise.
- With Firelight, the Network pulled in its largest audience in the 2-hour time period in 5 weeks- since 3/18/12.