Students have been graduating from high schools and colleges from coast to coast, and meanwhile, television groups have been installing new executives in various positions, or in some cases, are set to say farewell to certain execs.
Here’s a list of TV execs on the move.
* Tribune has named Michael Page VP, Digital Local Sales. He comes from Gannett where he worked with cars.com.
* Dave Kaylor has accepted a trail-blazing position with Hearst. He’d been working at ABC Boston affiliate and Hearst property WCVB-TV, but will now serve as Director of Veteran Recruiting for the entire group.
* Eric Land will have three television stations to operate for Sinclair. The new GM will handle ABC, CW and MNT affiliates in the Birmingham-Anniston-Tuscaloosa AL area.
* There’s an opening in the CFO slot at Walt Disney as James A. Rasulo gets set to exit at the end of the month. His successor has not yet been named.
* Time Warner Cable is also light on CFO. Arthur Minson will exit the position but stay one as an advisor as the company works through its pending acquisition by Charter.
* Promoting from within, Gannett has named RJ Merritt te new President/GM of Spokane WA TV duopoly CBS KREM and CW KSKN.
* Sandra Zoldowski will have several stations on her plate as she holds down the Grand Junction/Montrose/Glenwood Springs CO area for Nexstar, including a CBS and MNT affiliate, two satellites and one Fox LMA station.
* David Candelaria is another newly-minted Nexstar Zoldowski VP/GM. He’ll handle NBC/Estrella outlet KTSM-TV in El Paso TX.
* Bill Evans is taking on the VP/GM slot at ABC WSYR-TV in Syracuse, another Nexstar outlet.
* Nextar has also upped Stephen Freifeld to VP/GM – he’ll be responsible for ABC WJET-TV Erie PA.
* Here is still more proof that the Nexstar HR department has been busy: Randy Stone has been upped to VP/FM at Fox KARD-TVMonroe LA/El Dorado AR. The station also carries Bounce TV.