The CW Network and CBS Mobile launched two new CW applications on the iTunes App Store that allow users to watch short-form videos and engage with their favorite CW shows and characters.
The “CW City Wize” app, sponsored by Target, is a mobile city guide that provides CW fans with maps that highlight actual locations seen or talked about on The CW’s hit shows Gossip Girl, 90210 and the all-new Melrose Place.
Various locales displayed on the app will also feature video clips from these three respective shows. In addition, viewers can map locations and read reviews of favorite hot spots — restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and shopping — within the cities where the shows take place: New York City, Beverly Hills and Hollywood.
The “CWTV” application gives CW fans direct access to video clips of all CW programming, including previews, recaps, interviews with the cast, and behind-the-scenes footage of popular CW shows. Fans can also link out to iTunes to purchase full length episodes of Gossip Girl, 90210, Melrose Place, The Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill, America’s Next Top Model, Supernatural, and Smallville.
The “CW City Wize” application includes these features:
• Mapping: Users from across the U.S. can access maps displaying actual locations where scenes from specific CW shows are shot, and several locales will feature accompanying video clips from the show. Locations are updated as each new episodes airs.
• Hot Spots: Maps include a list of the top restaurants, bars, clubs, hotels and shopping in the featured areas. Additionally, specific hot spot locations offer “perks” or special offerings—including anything from 10% off a meal to a free dessert.
• Database of High End Locations and Reviews: The application features an extensive database of high-end locations, full reviews and information which can be filtered by category.
• Bookmark Feature: For CW fans planning on visiting New York City, Beverly Hills or Hollywood, the bookmark feature stores saved locations to visit during their trip.
The “CWTV” application includes these features:
• Clips of All CW Shows: The “CWTV” application delivers video clips of all current CW programming, including previews, recaps, and behind-the-scenes footage of popular CW shows. Users can also dig deeper into their favorite shows through full photo galleries featuring cast members and scenes, and interviews with the cast, directly from their iPhone and iPod touch.
• CWTV Schedule: The CWTV schedule provides up-to-the-minute air times and dates for all CW programming. Users can also keep track of their favorite CW shows through episode summaries and details of each episode’s air-date.
• Create a Customized “Feed”: Users are able to create a custom video feed based on their favorite CW content.
• Share with Friends: The “CWTV” app makes it easy to share videos and photos with others.
• Purchase Full Length Episodes from iTunes: Fans can also link out to iTunes to purchase full length episodes of Gossip Girl, 90210, Melrose Place, The Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill, America’s Next Top Model, Supernatural and Smallville.
The “CW City Wize” and “CWTV” apps are now available for free from the iTunes App Store on iPhone and iPod touch. CBS Mobile partnered with BlackBook Media to develop the CW City Wize application and Rhythm NewMedia to develop the CWTV app.