TiVo announced this year’s top Super Bowl commercial moments, based on aggregated, anonymous, second-by-second audience measurement data about how TiVo subscribers watched the game.
Commercials featuring slapstick humor and celebrity appearances dominate the list, with stars like Justin Timberlake, Shaquille O’Neal, and Carmen Electra claiming a spot on the list. Yet, for all the star power they generated, the E-Trade talking baby may have upstaged them all, taking the coveted top spot thanks to a humorous look at using E-Trade.
Doritos followed up on the success of their user-generated spots introduced last year, claiming the number three spot with an entertaining ad titled ‘Mouse Trap.’ Perennial list favorite Bud Light netted one spot in the top ten, a drop from the past several years in which they had three commercials on the list. Occupying the vacancy include two spots featuring fitness water drinks — Vitamin Water’s ‘Horse Race’ spot and Life Water’s ‘Thriller.’
The top ten:
1. E-Trade: "Baby" (spitting up)
2. Pepsi Co: "Justin Timberlake"
3. Doritos: "Mouse Trap" (user-generated)
4. Coca-Cola: "James Carville and Bill Frist"
5. Ice Breakers: "Carmen Electra"
6. Bridgestone: "Headlights"
7. Bud Light: "Cavemen"
8. Vitamin Water: "Horse Race"
9. Cars.com Plan B: "Witch Doctor"
10. Life Water: "Thriller"