TiVo announced a new TiVo app for the iPad. It’ll be free at the Apple iTunes App store in the coming weeks. The TiVo Premiere App enables users to search, browse, explore and share their favorite entertainment all without interrupting whatever’s playing on their TV. Since the app works in tandem with what they’re watching, iPad can be considered the “remote control” and companion device for TiVo Premiere users.
They’ll get access to a full set of TiVo capabilities on the iPad, including live TV, Internet video and scheduling DVR recordings while on-the-go.
Specifically, the app includes:
* Gesture based control — Take complete control of all recordings, even dragging forward and back through a show with a tap or swipe
* Launch a recorded show, live TV or streaming video with the swipe of a finger
Program guide — Browse your full-screen TV program guide without interrupting TV viewing
* Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass recordings from the device at home or on-the-go
* Explore cast and crew and other recommendations of favorite shows without interrupting the big screen
* Search for all of your favorite TV shows, movies, actors or directors across both broadcast and broadband from Netflix, Amazon VOD, and more
From within the TiVo Premiere App, comment and share thoughts to Facebook or Twitter about the show being currently watched.
The app will be available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore/. Users must have a TiVo Premiere or TiVo Premiere XL box and an existing account with TiVo.