MIAMI — Noticias Telemundo’s new state-of-the-art studio at Telemundo Center has been honored with a pair of Broadcast Production Awards from a trade publication focused on TV newscast studios.
The NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises arm took the awards in the categories of Set Design, National and Set Technology of the year.
The Broadcast Production awards are dedicated exclusively to television set design among major television networks in the United States.
In October 2018, Noticias Telemundo unveiled its innovative 360º studio at Telemundo Center in Doral, Fla., the Hispanic network’s newly inaugurated headquarters (shown, at right). Featuring 3,700 square feet of space, 45-foot ceilings, an 11-million-megapixel LED screen, and a modular anchor’s desk are just some of the features that make the new studio ranks among the most advanced news production facilities in the industry.
“This award is not just a recognition to a studio set, but also to the way we visually and physically interpreted our team’s dedication and hard work,” said Noticias Telemundo EVP Luis Fernández. “Noticias Telemundo would like our Latino viewers to know that we offer them the best news content, produced from a great home.”
Juan Ramón Martín, Creativity and Image Director for Spain’s Atresmedia Group, designed the new studio considering three main elements: a next-generation LED screen capable of creating a realistic environment; a multifunctional anchor’s desk with multiple configurations; and a space for the anchors to stand and interact with multiple video feeds.
Technical characteristics of the new Noticias Telemundo studio include:
- A 3,700-square-foot space with 45-foot ceilings, studio lighting and fiber optic connectivity.
- A 12-foot high, 36-foot wide LED screen with 1.6 mm resolution, more than 11 million megapixels and an 8K final image.
- A modular desk with three possible configurations seating 1-6 people and recessed lighting.
- An 18-foot-high, three-dimensional set outfitted with an 8-foot-high logo, high-sheen luminous materials and recessed LED floor lighting.
- Control over the saturation and intensity of all lighting elements.
- Robotic cameras.
- The latest technology for controlling and manipulating on-screen graphics.