Coming on the heels of announcements such as ESPN Radio, WGN Radio, CBS Radio, Global streaming destination TuneIn (which also offers paid app downloads) has formed strategic alliances with more than 20 broadcasting companies, whose total number of stations top 600. The company now carries 70,000 stations, an increase of 52% over the last year. As part of these alliances, TuneIn will provide each broadcaster with free tools, such as analytics through TuneIn Amplifier, and access to the audio service’s ad platform.
Among the 20 broadcasters:
· FOX News Radio – News at the top and bottom of every hour, including the following syndicated shows, are accessible to TuneIn listeners: FOX News Talk, Kilmeade and Friends with Brian Kilmeade, The John Gibson Show, The Tom Sullivan Show, FOX Across America with Spencer Hughes and The Alan Colmes Show.
· Bloomberg Radio – Bloomberg Radio offers free Internet radio from the world’s most trusted source of financial news and business information. All programs broadcast on Bloomberg Radio and its affiliated station are now available on TuneIn.
· GoRadio.com – Fresh Internet radio covering multiple genres in one. TuneIn listeners can access one of four radio stations – Downhome, indigo, Meta and #ALLIN – to hear special shows, on-air personalities and unique music mixes hand-crafted for people that share the same lifestyle.
· Monocle 24 – Headquartered in London and launched in 2007, Monocle 24 broadcasts global affairs, business, culture and design programming. All broadcasts are available through TuneIn, including popular shows such as The Monocle Weekly and The Globalist.
· Public Radio Exchange (PRX) – A public media company, PRX is changing the sound of public radio, championing new, diverse and independent voices, and pioneering new approaches to program development. All shows, including signature programs such as The Moth Radio Hour, Sound Opinions, State of the Re:Union, Snap Judgment, American Routes and WTF with Marc Maron, are available to TuneIn listeners.
· Laut.FM – Laut.FM offers User Generated Radio™ with more than 350 Internet music channels, carefully curated by DJs and users to meet all tastes. All of Laut.FM’s streams are available across 150 TuneIn platforms.
· THIRD ROCK-RFC Media – “America’s Space Station,” THIRD ROCK is an online radio station, broadcasting live 24/7 with a mission of New Rock Discovery, and a passion for the excitement of what’s happening at NASA. Listeners can hear NASA’s only broadcast channel through more than 150 TuneIn platforms.
· 181.FM – “True R&B” Internet radio, all 79 stations are accessible through TuneIn.
· AddictedToRadio – Free Internet radio with 75 stations. All formats can be enjoyed by TuneIn listeners: Top 40/Pop, R&B/Hip-Hop, Rock, Dance (EDM), Dance (Old School), Decades (70s-90s), Blues/Jazz, Country/Americana, Oldies (20s-60s), Latin/World/Reggae, Classical/Relaxing and News/Talk/Info.
· AccuRadio – More than 650 channels of personalizable online radio, which listeners can mix and match to create their own custom music mix. Over 30 of AccuRadio’s most popular stations are available through TuneIn — including jazz, classical, Broadway, folk, world music and more — with additional channels coming soon!
· 977Music.com – Free Internet radio with no limit on how long you can listen with very few commercials. All 15 personally hand-crafted curated channels from www.977music.com are available for TuneIn listeners: 70’s Rock, 80’s Hits, 90’s Hits, Today’s Hits, Hip Hop/R&B, Adult Hits, Alternative, Country, Jazz Music, Comedy, Latin Hits, Christian Hits, Electronic Dance, Top 40 Dance and 50s, 60s Hits.
TuneIn also formed relationships with more than a dozen others in the last week, including: Array.FM, Magic Monster Radio, WQXQ Virtual Formats LLC, Double D Media, Radio Paradise, RISK!, KIVA, Grateful Dead GDRadio.net, Sports Byline USA, The Leslie Marshall Show, Progressive Voices, WHB 810, WSRadio, PMB Broadcasting, Syndicated Solutions and FCCFreeRadio. TuneIn also recently announced alignment with WOR and the Buckley Radio Group stations, Salem Radio Network and Major League Lacrosse, among others, and has several additional major alliances in the works.