A list of the best-paid corporate executives in the US during 2012 is top-heavy with television CEOs. And CBS honcho Leslie Moonves is king of the hill, leading all executives and beating the #2 by over $10M despite suffering a pay decrease compared to his 2011 income.
The list comes from research firm and executive compensation specialist Equilar.
The average CEO of a large public company knocked down $9.7M during the year. Moonves, by contrast, was credited with $60.3M.
Joining Moonves in the top 10 are execs from Discovery, Disney, Viacom and Comcast. They fill five of the top six positions.
Here is the top ten chart:
1. Leslie Moonves, CBS, $60.3 million, down 12%
2. David Zaslav, Discovery Communications, $49.9 million, down 5%
3. Bob Iger, Disney, $37.1 million, up 18%
4. Philippe Dauman, Viacom, $33.4 million, down 22%
5. John Donahoe, eBay, $29.7 million, up 81%
6. Brian Roberts, Comcast, $29.1 million, up 8%
7. Howard Schultz, Starbucks, $28.9 million, up 80%
8. Ken Chenault, American Express, $28 million, up 25 %
9. Rex Tillerson, Exxon Mobil, $27.2 million, up 8%
10. Kent Thiry, DaVita HealthCare, $26.8 million, up 53%
And here are a handful of other executives of interest from the top 50 chart:
11. Jeffrey Bewkes, Time Warner, $25.7 million, even
23. Randall Stephenson, AT&T, $21 million, up 12%
44. Michael White, DirecTV, $17.9 million, up 212%
49. Glenn Britt, Time Warner Cable, $17.2 million, up 5%