Items: Here of a number of factoids of interest to the television community. Both Sinclair and Nexstar have put their quarterly conference calls on the schedule; Telemundo has saved its audience a lot of cash and along with sister NBC Universo has scheduled its upfront presentation; and Tribune has cut a deal for Yankess games.
* Television group Sinclair has picked the time and date of its next quarterly conference call. It will convene its chat at 9:30 AM eastern on Wednesday 2/18/15.
* Nexstar has entered the conference call schedule with a date at the extreme back end of the period. It will meet with investors and analysts on Thursday 2/26/15 at 10AM eastern to discuss its Q4 2014 results.
* Telemundo’s Telemundo Responde consumer service has achieved $1M worth of restitution for its viewers in the nine months of its existence, putting a nice seven-figure exclamation point on its commitment to public service.
* Tribune has been snapping up sports TV rights, and has added the New York Yankees to its stable. Its WPIX will get about 20 games during the 2015 season for over-the-air broadcast from YES Network.
* The Hispanic offerings of NBCU will be holding an Upfront event. The theme of the presentation from Telemundo and NBC Universo will be All Together. Latino. It is scheduled for 5/12/15 in New York.