TV One saw its highest monthly performance in history as well as its best summer performance ever among Adults 25-54. Original primetime series drove the ratings growth with new series R&B Divas LA, Fatal Attraction and returning favorites The Rickey Smiley Show and Celebrity Crime Files leading the charge.
August highlights include:
• TV One delivered more African American Viewers 2+ in Primetime vs. WEtv, TBS, AMC, TRUtv, FX, TV Land, Centric, Style, MTV2, UP! and Bounce TV
• TV One posted double-digit Total Day year-over-year gains among key demos and overall Viewers 2+:
o Adults 25-54 (+40%), Adults 18-49 (+31%), Viewers 2+ (+14%)
o Adult Women 25-54 (+33%), Adult Women 18-49 (+21%)
o Adult Men 25-54 (+53%), Adult Men 18-49 (+53%)
• R&B Divas LA is the #1 cable reality series with African American Adults 18+ in primetime on Wednesday year-to-date. R&B Divas LA posted double-digit Adult 25-54 and overall household gains vs. R&B Divas ATL Seasons 1 & 2:
o Season 1 (+28% for both P25-54 and Hhlds)
o Season 2 (P25-54 +25% and Hhlds +16%).
• Like R&B Divas ATL Seasons one and two, R&B Divas LA posted very strong DVR Lift (Live viewing vs. Live +3 viewing): P25-54 (66%) and Hhlds (56%)
• The Rickey Smiley Show is the #1 Friday Primetime non-sports Original Series on Cable Year-to-date among Black Adults 25-54
• Traffic on the network’s website, tvone.tv, delivered the biggest month of video traffic since August 2012, garnering over two million video views
Launched in January 2004, TV One serves more than 57.3 million households, offering real-life and entertainment-focused original programming, classic series, movies, and music designed to entertain, inform and inspire a diverse audience of adult Black viewers. In December 2008, the company launched TV One High Def, which now serves 14 million households. TV One is owned by Radio One and Comcast.