Newport Television, the company formed by Providence Equity Partners to operate the Clear Channel television group last spring, is spinning two before the CCU deal even closes. KFTY-TV San Francisco CA (Santa Rosa CA, indy, Ch. 50/DTV 54) and KVOS-TV Seattle-Tacoma (Bellingham WA, indy, Ch. 12/DTV 35) are on their way to an ownership group headed by Barbara Laurence. The buyer is using licensee name LK Station group, comprised of Laurence’s Con Alma LLC, with an 80% stake, and Seth Kanegis’ Special K. TV Stations LLC, holding the other 20%. Kalil & Co. brokered the deal, which will come home with a 26.6M price tag. The buyer’s principals have interests in other companies with interests in other television stations in San Antonio TX, Oxnard CA and Barstow CA (both part of Los Angeles), and Kingman AZ (part of Phoenix AZ).
Sign up for free to get:
The Daily Intelligence Report delivered to your inbox.
RBR+TVBR delivers complete broadcasting news analysis and our famous observations.