V-me, the fresh alternative in Spanish language broadcast TV, enters the 2010-2011 upfront season with a new offer of world class entertainment that includes smart empowering programs and compelling personalities. V-me will be taking its 2010-2011 presentation on the road to agencies and clients in the weeks and months ahead. Touting an uncluttered environment across all programs and dayparts, V-me will ptich new opportunities including custom cross-platform solutions that create 360 degree experiences and reach. From vignettes and integrations; to special microsites, pre-roll and roadblocks; branded online and mobile videoplayers, and even show entitlement, V-me says it partners with sponsors to deliver creative and effective campaigns that reach and engage viewers in 65 million homes nationwide, covering more than 71% of all US Hispanic home.
“V-me continues to be the national alternative for America’s Latino families AND for sponsors who want to connect with them,” said Carmen DiRienzo, V-me President and CEO. “Our infront approach allows us to showcase targeted opportunities around our 2010-2011 offer, which is filled with engaging multi-platform programs and creative solutions that put V-me everywhere our viewers are.”
V-me is expanding its weeknight block of suspense, action, ironic comedy and romance. Highlights include new titles featuring unique visual storytelling and high production values:
•El Quinto Mandamiento (The Fifth Commandment) – a compelling contemporary detective mystery set in and around Vatican City.
•Rex – The crime-fighting dog who has been a ratings winner across Latin America and around the world.
•Hay Alguien Ahí (There’s Someone There) – New episodes of the first paranormal drama on US Spanish TV.
•Cuenta Atrás (Countdown) – New episodes of the high-energy police drama.
Plus a new docu-reality series Desafío en Himalaya (Himalaya Challenge), where extreme outdoorsman Jesús Calleja takes six novice climbers on a heart-stopping adventure to the roof of the world.
V-me taps into Hispanics love affair with food, babies and pets with original hosted lifestyle series:
V-me Cocina – the only daily two hour cooking block on Spanish TV features top chefs from the U.S., Mexico, Latin America and Spain – and now will add daily hosted segments, creating opportunities for sponsor integration, along with an enriched online offer of even more downloadable recipes and tips, and enhanced community tools.
Enriching a parenting franchise that already features superstar mom Thalia and the Peabody winning Los Ninos en su Casa, V-me rolls out TuBeBe, presented in association with Ser Padres Magazines. A daily half-hour filled with information about conception, pregnancy and infant care – hosted by leading Mommy blogger Suzy Rosado – TuBeBe also creates an active, supportive online community with advice, resources and microsodes for current and soon-to-be parents
For those whose families include four-footed members, V-me presents new original hosted episodes of MiMascota.tv – the only program on Spanish TV devoted to pets and the people who love them. Like all V-me’s new lifestyle programs, MiMascota.tv will invite and integrate content from viewers and visitors.
NATURE TALENT HUNT
V-me adds more to V-me Planeta, the daily block of award-winning natural history from PBS, BBC and NatGeo, with Buscando al Cronista Salvaje – a national multi-media talent search during Q4 2010. Announced during a big V-me Thanksgiving special, the winner will become the host of V-me’s Spanish-language presentation of National Geographic’s Wild Chronicles (Cronicas Salvaje) in Q2 2011.
MOVIES AND MUSIC
V-me delivers on these two key Hispanic passion points with exclusive original primetime series:
• En Pantalla (On Screen ) Expanded to a regular weekly half-hour, the only weekly cinema series in Spanish features host Jack Rico highlight Spanish and English releases and home entertainment — with news, reviews, interviews and contests. The program leads into V-me’s weekly showcase of contemporary Latin films from Europe and the Americas.
• Estudio Billboard – V-me’s original hit music interview series hosted by Leila Cobo continues to bring new in-depth conversations and intimate performances, featuring artists like Alejandro Sanz, Christian Castro and more.
And V-me extends its music offer across the schedule and online with Nota Musical – daily music news briefs hosted by popular blogger/journalist Ceceliz that cover international and Latin pop, rock and regional releases, tours, festivals and artists.
NEWS & CURRENT AFFAIRS
Highlights of the new season include:
• Jorge Gestoso Investiga – The acclaimed anchor/journalist hosts and narrates a weekly series of provocative national and international documentaries…and will produce four quarterly V-me documentary specials throughout the year, along with anchoring V-me’s Participa 2010 Election Night coverage in November.
• Oppenheimer Presenta – New weekly programs from the Pulitzer Prize winner.
• V-me Noticias joins forces with its Grupo Prisa synergy partner Grupo Latino Radio to offer Minuto 60 – an incremental daily news sponsorship package that combines national drivetime radio with national primetime TV.
V-me Niños GOES ON THE ROAD
The biggest and best block of educational programming in Spanish for young kids and their moms gets even better. V-me will partner with the National Children’s Theatre, LazyTown and national sponsors for a bilingual in-school tour promoting exercise, nutrition and healthy lifestyle for kids and families, supported with take-home materials and a multi-media V-me package.