The rollercoaster performance of AI-fueled technology firm Veritone Inc. continued Wednesday, as the company’s stock sharply rebounded after dipping to $29.20 at the Closing Bell on Tuesday.
Veritone shares shot up 27.5%, to $37.65, on higher than normal volume of approximately 1.8 million shares. Average volume for Veritone is 613,200 shares.
It’s been a highly volatile two months for VERI shares, which trade on Nasdaq. On Sept. 25, they were trading near $66 a share. On Aug. 18, they bottomed out at $7.87 a share.
In other activity on Wall Street:
- Beasley Broadcast Group shares were off 2.1%, to $11.95.
- Cumulus Media gained one penny, to close at 32 cents.
- Entercom rose by 1.7%, to $11.75.
- Pandora Media slipped 2.8%, to $7.70.
- The “stub” of publicly traded Spanish Broadcasting System (SBS) stock — “SBSAA” — dipped by 9.8%, to 68 cents.
For a full look at today’s activity, please visit the Wall Street Report at the homepage of RBR.com.