Rochester, NY – Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. is looking for an experienced Vice President/General Manager with a long history of success in leading television and digital operations. This position requires a strong leader to keep this solid NBC affiliate at the top of the Rochester, NY (WHEC) market. As the leader of this multi-platform operation, the Vice President/General Manager will be responsible for providing leadership with integrity, a cohesive vision and driving innovation and creativity to ensure the station’s performance is economically sound and editorially responsive. The successful candidate must engage and lead a high performing team and develop and execute the long-term vision of the station. The Vice President/General Manager has full local control and autonomy to make decisions that impact the station’s success. This position reports directly to the President of Hubbard Television Group.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Responsible for overall success of the station, with full local control and accountability for news, programing, sales and operations. Establish station objectives in conjunction with Hubbard goals and philosophy and determine strategies for execution.
2. Provide leadership and build relationships in the community and maintain and develop local station image in viewer communities (public relations and public affairs).
3. Develop short, intermediate and long-range market strategies and plans which enhance the product and provide profitable solutions to customer/clients opportunities.
4. Recruit, retain and develop top talent through leadership, communication and collaboration.
5. Responsible for programing all day-parts.
6. Set budget with corporate approval; develop, manage and be responsible for the annual budget, including accurate forecasting and performance.
7. Identify and deliver opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities.
8. Manage department heads and oversee their individual performance within an efficient and effective organizational structure.
1. Must have demonstrated strong traditional broadcast television management experience and acumen; 3 years broadcast experience as a General Manager preferred or a combination of roles proving leadership and management skills.
2. Proven leadership ability required with successful experience directing and leading a team. Demonstrated innovative leadership, communication and staff development skills with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement in a multimedia company.
3. Must have ability and experience in thinking independently, analyzing and solving problems; must excel at establishing and balancing priorities.
4. Must be goal-oriented with a strong focus on business performance.
5. Must have broad-based knowledge of television station operations including FCC regulations and license fulfillment requirements.
6. Must have strong budgeting skills, demonstrating creative use of available resources and proven planning, prioritizing and achievement of financial and strategic objectives.
7. Willingness to invest time & effort in community leadership as a positive representative of the station.
Send resume to Michael Hammond at [email protected]