Note: Viewing levels were down -5.5% from 8-10pm last night versus last Wednesday (likely due to the daylight saving time change)
Airing the AMERICAN IDOL Top 12 Finalists performance show, FOX won the night among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers and all other key demos. FOX out-rated the #2 network for the night by +89% in Adults 18-49 (5.3 vs. 2.8 for CBS), +112% in Adults 18-34 (3.6 vs. ABC’s 1.7) and +61% in Total Viewers (17.9 vs. 11.1 Mil for CBS).
FOX has now won nine consecutive Wednesdays in Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers.
- AMERICAN IDOL:5.3/15, down -7% from last Wednesday’s final rating (but only down -5% from last Wednesday’s preliminary rating) – likely due to the overall drop in TV viewing levels last night
- IDOL is projected to go up a tenth or two in the finals this afternoon
- IDOL was the #1 program of the night in the core adult demo, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34 and Teens
- IDOL beat the next highest-rated show of the night by +20% in Adults 18-49 (vs. Modern Family) and +56% in Total Viewers (vs. CSI)
- Last night’s IDOL outperformed this Monday’s telecast of The Voice in both Adults 18-49 and in Total Viewers.
- The Middle: 2.1/7, down -19% from two weeks ago and is its season low
- Suburgatory: 2.1/6, down -9% from two weeks ago and is its series low
- Modern Family: 4.4/12, down -8% from two weeks ago and is its season low
- Happy Endings: 2.4/6, up +20% from last week’s season low (but down-11% from its last telecast with an original Modern Family lead-in)
- ABC News: Revenge For Real #2 (S): 1.2/3
- Survivor 24: One World: 2.9/9, down -9% from last week
- Criminal Minds: 2.8/7, down -10% from two weeks ago and is its series low
- CSI: 2.7/8, up 4% from two weeks ago
- Whitney: 1.4/5, down -13% from last week and is tied as its series low
- Are You There, Chelsea?: 1.0/3, down -33% from last week and is its series low
- Law & Order: SVU (R): 0.7/2
- Rock Center with Brian Williams: 0.6/2, down -40% from last week and is tied as its series low