* Network Posts Growth Versus the Same Week Last Year
* “The Big Bang Theory” Hits Best-Ever Thursday Adult 18-49 and Adult 18-34 Ratings; Matches All-Time Best Thursday Viewer and Adult 25-54 Deliveries
* “Big Bang Theory” Tops “American Idol” in Viewers, Adults 18-49, Adults 18-34 and * Adults 25-54 in Common Half-Hour
* “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” Posts Season Highs in Viewers and Key Demos; “Criminal Minds” Attracts Largest Audience Since Season Premiere
* “Rob” Up in Viewers and Matches Last Week’s Adult 18-49 Rating
* “Undercover Boss” Uncovers Largest Audience in a Year
* CBS won Week 19 of the season in viewers, posting growth from the same week last year paced by THE BIG BANG THEORY, the week’s top scripted program in viewers and key demos, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, CRIMINAL MINDS and UNDERCOVER BOSS, which had its largest audience in a year, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Jan.29.
* THE BIG BANG THEORY hit its best-ever Thursday adult 18-49 and adult 18-34 ratings, matched its all-time Thursday viewer and adult 25-54 deliveries and topped “American Idol” by a decisive margin in viewers and key demos in the common half-hour. The third episode of “Rob” posted week-to-week gains in viewers while matching last week’s adult 18-49 rating.
* CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, which saw the departure of Marg Helgenberger, delivered season highs in viewers and key demos while CRIMINAL MINDS attracted its largest audience since its season premiere. UNDERCOVER BOSS had its largest audience since last January.
* For the week in viewers: CBS (9.34m), FOX (8.04m), NBC (6.09m) and ABC (5.69m). Season-to-date: CBS (12.11m) is ahead FOX (9.08m), ABC (8.44m) and NBC (7.33m).
* For the week in key demographics, CBS was second in adults 25-54 (2.8/07) and adults 18-49 (2.0/06). Compared to the same week last year, CBS was up +2% in viewers, +8% in adults 25-54 and +11% in adults 18-49. Season-to-date, CBS is first in adults 25-54 (4.1/10) and second adults 18-49 (3.1/09). Season-to-date, CBS is up +3% in adults 18-49, +1% in viewers and +2% in adults 25-54.
* For the week in households: CBS (5.9/10), FOX (4.7/07), NBC (3.8/06) and ABC (3.6/06). Season-to-date: CBS (7.5/12) is ahead of both ABC and FOX (5.4/09, each) and NBC (4.6/07).
* CBS top programs of the week: #3 THE BIG BANG THEORY (an average of 16.13m viewers), #4 CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (14.26m), #5 CRIMINAL MINDS (13.82m), #6 UNDERCOVER BOSS (13.15m), #7 NCIS (R) (12.55m), #10 ROB! (11.50m), #12 60 MINUTES (11.19m), #13 THE GOOD WIFE (11.08m), #15 CSI: MIAMI (10.57m), #16 PERSON OF INTEREST (R) (10.54m), #18 TWO AND A HALF MEN (R) (9.78m), #20 THE MENTALIST (R) (9.64m), #25 MIKE & MOLLY (R) (8.25m), #26 BLUE BLOODS (R) (8.22m), #27 CRIMINAL MINDS 8:00 PM SPECIAL (R) (S) (7.85m), #28 2 BROKE GIRLS (R) (7.763m) and #29 CSI: NY (R) (7.762m).
CBS Weekly Highlights:
* NCIS (R) was first in households (8.1/12), viewers (12.55m), second in adults 25-54 (3.0/07) and tied for second in adults 18-49 (2.1/06, with a first-run “Biggest Loser” on NBC). NCIS topped all scripted programming on the competition.
* CRIMINAL MINDS was first in households (8.7/13), viewers (13.82m), second in both adults 25-54 (4.7/11) and adults 18-49 (3.7/09). CRIMINAL MINDS posted its best households and viewers deliveries since Sept. 21, 2011 (season premiere) and best performances in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 since Nov. 16, 2011.
* CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION won its hour in households (9.0/15), viewers (14.26m), adults 25-54 (4.6/11) and adults 18-49 (3.4/09). CSI posted its best households and adults 25-54 deliveries since Oct. 21, 2010, best viewers performance since Jan. 20, 2011 and best adults 18-49 ratings since Oct. 28, 2010 – all Thursday broadcasts.
* THE BIG BANG THEORY was first in households (9.7/15), viewers (16.13m), adults 25-54 (7.0/18), adults 18-49 (5.5/16) and adults 18-34 (4.1/13). In the common 8:00-8:30 half-hour, THE BIG BANG THEORY topped “American Idol” in viewers (16.13m vs. 15.56m, +4%), adults 18-49 (5.5/16 vs. 4.9/14, +12%), adults 25-54 (7.0/18 vs. 6.0/15, +17%) and adults 18-34 (4.1/13 vs. 3.4/11, +18%). THE BIG BANG THEORY posted Thursday-high adults 18-49 and adults 18-34 ratings, matched Thursday-best viewer and adults 25-54 ratings.
* ROB was second in households (6.8/10), viewers (11.50m), adults 25-54 (4.6/11) and adults 18-49 (3.5/09). Compared to last week, ROB was even in both adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 and added +80,000 viewers (from 11.41m).
* UNDERCOVER BOSS was tied for first in households (7.9/12, with NBC), second in viewers (13.15m) and averaged 4.2/09 in 25-54 and 3.0/07 in adults 18-49. UNDERCOVER BOSS posted its best viewer performance since Jan. 16, 2011, best adults 25-54 delivery since March 27, 2011 and matched the season premiere’s adults 18-49 ratings.
* THE GOOD WIFE was first in households (7.2/11), second in viewers (11.08m), adults 25-54 (3.3/07) and averaged 2.2/05 in adults 18-49. Compared to the last first-run episode (on Jan. 15), THE GOOD WIFE was up +20% in households (from 6.0/09), +18% in adults 25-54 (from 2.8/06), +10% in adults 18-49 (from 2.0/05) and added +1.63m viewers (from 9.45m, +17%).