UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – January 31, 2012 – Led this week by Sunday’s telecast of the 2012 NFL Pro Bowl, NBC averaged a 1.8 rating, 5 share in adults 18-49 and 6.1 million viewers overall for the week of January 23-29, according to in-home viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research. For the week, NBC ranked #2 among the broadcast networks in adults and men 18-34 and men 18-49, while finishing #3 in adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and total viewers.
* NBC’s Sunday primetime telecast of the 2012 NFL Pro Bowl, in which the American Football Conference defeated the National Football Conference 59-41, ranked #4 among all primetime programs this week in the key demographic of adults 18-49 and it was the #1 telecast of the week in men 18-49 and men 18-34. With an average 12.5 million viewers, the Pro Bowl ranked #8 among primetime programs this week by that measure.
* Primetime averages for the week of January 23-29 in adults 18-49 were Fox (3.0/8), CBS (2.0/6), NBC (1.8/5), ABC (1.6/4) and CW (0.5/1). In overall total viewers the weekly averages were CBS (9.3 million), Fox (8.0 million), NBC (6.1 million), ABC (5.7 million) and CW (1.1 million).
* NBC highlights for the week of January 23-29:
* On Sunday, NBC Sports’ coverage of the 2012 NFL AFC-NFC Pro Bowl propelled the network to a primetime win in virtually all key measures, including adults, men and women 18-49, adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and total viewers. NBC topped its closest primetime rival Sunday night by 91 percent in 18-49 rating.
* With an average12.5 million viewers, NBC’s telecast of the 2012 NFL Pro Bowl ranks as the second most-watched NFL All-Star game since 2001, behind only last year’s game.
* On Friday, the penultimate episode of “Chuck” in the 8 p.m. ET hour delivered NBC’s top 18-49 and total-viewer results of the season in that slot.
* Also on Friday, the series finale of “Chuck,” airing in the 9 p.m. ET hour, scored season highs for the show in adults 18-49 and total viewers. “Chuck” ranked #2 in the hour among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults 18-49 and adults 25-54, tied for #1 in men 18-49 and was #1 outright in men 25-54.
* On Tuesday, “The Biggest Loser 13″ tied for #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults 18-49 and was #2 outright in adults 18-34 and all key adult-female demographics.
* NBC ranked #2 Tuesday night among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and other key demos.
* On Monday, “Who’s Still Standing?” scored its highest 18-49 rating in five Monday telecasts to date and delivered its biggest overall viewership to date in eight telecasts on all nights of the week.
* Additionally on Monday, “The NBC News Republican Candidates Debate on a Special Edition of Rock Center” reported the highest 18-49 rating and biggest overall viewership to date for any edition of “Rock Center.”
* Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data unless otherwise noted. Season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”