The network will feature a full schedule of Game Day programming leading up to kickoff. Super Bowl XLVIII airs live from MetLife Stadium in New York/New Jersey on 2/2 as Peyton Manning and the AFC Champion Denver Broncos take on Russell Wilson and the NFC Champion Seattle Seahawks. WestwoodOne’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLVIII will be heard on nearly 700 radio stations nationwide, as well as on SiriusXM satellite radio, NFL.com/Audiopass, and NFL Mobile from Verizon subscribers.
“The great tradition of WestwoodOne bringing Super Bowl week to millions of Americans is a highlight of the year,” said Lew Dickey, Cumulus CEO. “We’re excited to partner with the NFL and the 700+ radio stations nationwide that will carry our exclusive programming all week.”
WestwoodOne’s live game coverage features Kevin Harlan, handling the play-by-play duties for the Super Bowl for the fourth straight year, and Boomer Esiason, serving as the color analyst—his 14th consecutive with the network. Mark Malone and Hall of Famer James Lofton will once again report from the sidelines. Jim Gray will anchor the pregame and halftime coverage, with appearances by both Arizona wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and New England quarterback Tom Brady. Scott Graham and Hall of Famer Rod Woodson will also contribute to the coverage.
Pregame programming, begins at 12:00 pm ET on Game Day:
• 12:00 pm ET: “Super Bowl Preview,” hosted by Scott Graham and Boomer Esiason
• 1:00 pm ET: “Super Bowl Insider,” hosted by Mark Malone
• 2:00 pm ET: “The Super Bowl Tailgate Show” hosted by Craig Carton, Hall of Famer Rod Woodson, Tim Ryan, and reporter Laura Okmin, will broadcast live from the NFL On Location tailgate party at the neighboring Izod Center.
• 4:00 pm ET: “Super Sunday,” the Super Bowl XLVIII pregame show, live from MetLife Stadium
• 5:00 pm ET: Live game coverage of Super Bowl XLVIII from MetLife Stadium.
Additionally, WestwoodOne will produce “Seven Days to Sunday—The Road to Super Bowl XLVIII.” This hour-long preview show will air each night during the week leading up to Game Day, beginning on 1/27 and continuing through 2/1.