The Senate Communications Subcommittee is looking at the state of the wireless communications universe, and we now know who the witnesses are going to be. And there isn’t anybody representing the broadcast point of view, should an issue of interest come up.
The hearing is set for Thursday 4/25/13 at 10:30 AM eastern.
The precise topics have not been revealed. The biggest concern for broadcasters would be a discussion of the incentive auctions of television spectrum. The good news is that this appears to be a legislation-free informational hearing.
Here are the scheduled witnesses:
* Jonathan Spalter, Chairman, Mobile Future
* Doug Webster, Vice President, Service Provider Routing, Mobility and Video Marketing, Cisco Systems
* Steven K. Berry, President and CEO, Competitive Carriers Association
* Delara Derakhshani, Policy Counsel, Consumers Union
* Thomas F. Nagel, Senior Vice President, Business Development and Strategy, Communication and Data Services, Comcast Corporation