The group’s name is a hashtag — #GALSNGEAR — and it works to ensure women in media production gain access to the latest industry technology and high-level networking opportunities.
“Women are leading throughout our industry,” said Director/Producer and #GALSNGEAR Founder Amy DeLouise. “Partnering with the NAB Show, #GALSNGEAR puts the focus on those leaders to be sure they are visible in the booths, on the show floor, on panels and across all technical fields of media-making.:
The current schedule of events is as follows:
Tuesday, April 9:
- 8:30 – 9:00 a.m.- Networking coffee in the Central Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center, hosted by Blackmagic Design.
- 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.- Panel discussion and equipment demonstrations broadcast on “NAB Show LIVE.” The broadcast will be co-hosted by Crowded TV Founder Adryenn Ashley and Amy DeLouise.
- 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.- Demonstration of the newest Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro in The Mandy Network booth (SL14317). Co-sponsored by The Mandy Network, B&H- The Studio and Blackmagic Design.
Wednesday, April 10:
- 10:30 – 11:20 a.m.- “What’s New, What’s Next in Post”- Panel discussion about the latest advancements in post technologies and workflows. Participants include: producer, author and entrepreneur Darley Newman; Senior Mixer and Founder of Ott House Audio Cheryl Ottenritter, Five One Color Founder and Senior Colorist Aline Sinquin; and Amy DeLouise.
- 2:00 – 3:15 p.m.- “Case Studies in VR: Creators in Action” (a Post|Production World session)- Panel discussion about new strategies and tools available for virtual reality production. Participants include: Immersionn Founder Alexandra Hussenot; Two Bit Circus Chief Creative Officer Nancy Bennett; Datzi Media Producer and Instructor at Palm Beach Atlantic University Danilda Martinez; Metastage CEO Christina Heller; and Amy DeLouise.
- 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.- Invite-only cocktail reception, sponsored by Dolby and Blackmagic Design.
“We are excited about how well-received our #GALSNGEAR panels and networking events have been during NAB Show,” said WIFV President Robin Noonan-Price. “Our goal is to ensure women in media tech have a place at the table, and a visible one, at such important industry events.”
Last year the #GalsNGear hashtag gained over eight million impressions in just three days.
“The #GalsNGear events at NAB Show provide women in media, entertainment and technology the opportunity to connect while developing valuable professional skills,” said NAB EVP/Conventions and Business Operations Chris Brown. “We’re glad to again be partnering with Women in Film & Video to provide this valuable and empowering platform.”