The Detroit News confirms Chrysler Group LLC unveiled the final roster of new agencies handling its four brands upon termination of its long-time partnership with BBDO Detroit.
BBDO is closing its main Troy, MI office and some satellite operations Jan. 26, resulting in the layoff of about 485, most of them in the metro Detroit area.
Under the leadership of Olivier Francois, who oversees marketing for Chrysler as well as partner Fiat SpA, there are four new agencies.
• Chrysler brand is being handled by Fallon, a Publicis Groupe agency based in Minneapolis.
• Jeep brand is the purvue of GlobalHue of Southfield.
• Dodge car ads will be covered by Wieden + Kennedy of Portland, Ore.
• Ram truck brand creative duties are being done by the Richards Group of Dallas.
* Chrysler has given the contract for media buying to Universal McCann from Omincom’s PHD.
“To establish a distinct identity and build upon the current brand equity, it is important that the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram Truck brands retain individual agencies that fit with the brand direction,” Francois said in a statement. “We have completed a thorough search and have selected these specific agencies to communicate the true essence of our vehicle portfolio.”
Francois works with four separate agencies for four brands within the Fiat Group, as well.