The AMERICAN IDOL Top 7 finalists performed last night and gave FOX another nightly victory among Adults 18-49, Total Viewers, Adults 18-34, Adults 25-54 and Teens. FOX beat the next highest rated network last night by +88% in Adults 18-49, +79% in Adults 18-34 and by +58% in Total Viewers.
FOX has now won 13 consecutive Wednesdays among Adults 18-49 and Total Viewers.
- AMERICAN IDOL: 4.9/14, up +4% from last week’s fast national(4.7) in Adults 18-49 and is the same as last week’s final rating.
- IDOL should go up a tenth or two in the finals this afternoon and exceed last week’s final rating
- Last night’s AMERICAN IDOL beat the Monday telecast of The Voice for the fifth week in a row and by the biggest margin yet among Adults 18-49 (+23%).
- IDOL also beat Monday’s The Voice in Adults 18-34 for the first time this season and outperformed The Voice in Total Viewers (+56%) for the fifth week in a row.
- AMERICAN IDOL was the highest rated program of the night across all key demos and beat the #2 program of the night by +20% in Adults 18-49 (vs. 4.1 for Modern Family) and +39% in Total Viewers (16.4 vs. 11.8 Mil for Criminal Minds).
ABC’s The Middle (2.1/7) and Suburgatory (2.1/6) each matched their lowest original ratings of the season (both flat with their most recent originals on 3/14/12), while Modern Family (4.1/11) dropped -9% to a new season low. At 9:30p, new comedy Don’t Trust The B In Apartment 23 premiered with a 2.9/7, down -29% from its lead-in and down -6% from Happy Endings’ season premiere in the time period this fall (3.1/8 on 9/28/11). At 10pm, a special Revenge clip show posted a 1.6/4.
On CBS, Survivor: One World (2.6/8) posted the show’s lowest original rating ever (excluding clip shows / Thanksgiving), down -7% from last week (2.8/9). Following Criminal Minds at 9pm (3.0/8, flat with last week), CSI (2.3/6) matched its lowest original rating ever, down -21% from last Wednesday (2.9/8).
On NBC, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers (1.6/5) dropped -16% from last week’s time period premiere (1.9/6). Best Friends Forever (0.9/3) and Rock Center with Brian Williams (0.6/2) were both down -25% from last week. Closing out the night, Law & Order: SVU (1.6/4) matched its lowest original rating ever, flat with its last two originals.