* From 8-9 p.m. ET, “The Biggest Loser 13” averaged a 2.1/6 in 18-49 and 6.3 million viewers overall to rank #2 among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in the time period in adults 18-49, adults 18-34 and other key demographics.
* NBC’s coverage of the Sate of the Union Address aired from approximately 9-10:15 p.m., followed by the Republican response and segments of analysis that extended to 11 p.m. Coverage of the address and response was sustaining and will not be included in nightly or weekly averages. Fast-affiliate ratings are not reliable for last night’s live news coverage.
* Nightlong averages in currently available fast-affiliate ratings are subject to significant revision due to live news coverage, but they currently show NBC ranking #2 for the night among ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and CW in adults 18-49, adults 18-34, adults 25-54 and total viewers.
In Late-Night Metered Markets Tuesday night:
* In Nielsen’s 56 metered markets, household results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 2.5/6 with an encore telecast; CBS’s “Late Show with David Letterman,” 2.2/6 with an encore delayed by news coverage; and ABC’s combo of “Nightline,” 2.8/7; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 1.3/4.
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, adult 18-49 results were: “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” 0.8/4 with an encore; “Late Show,” 0.5/2 with an encore delayed by news coverage; “Nightline,” 0.9/4; and “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” 0.3/2
* At 12:35 a.m., “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” (1.2/4 in metered-market households with an encore) beat CBS’s “Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson” (1.0/3 with an encore delayed by news coverage). In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, “Late Night” (0.4/3 in 18-49 with an encore) topped “Late Late Show” (0.3/2 with an encore delayed by news coverage).
* At 1:35 a.m., “Last Call with Carson Daly” averaged a 0.9 with an encore in metered-market households and a 0.4/3 in adults 18-49 in the 25 markets with local people meters
NOTE: All ratings are “live plus same day” from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.