Prairie Winds Broadcasting is buying the six-station South Dakota radio group assembled by Armada Media. According to broker Kalil and Co., the buyer will continue to operate the cluster under the name Hub City Radio.
Hub City was the name Armada used during its tenure as owner/operator of the group.
The stations in the two AM, four FM cluster are licensed to either Aberdeen or Redfield in unrated SD territory.
The value of the deal is $5.3M cash.
The buyer is headed by Brian Lundquist and includes a number of local investors, including Eldon Swingler, Kyle Johnson and Kevin Johnson, among others.
Armada’s Chris Bernier said his group was excited about putting the stations into local hands.
Lundquist added, “I am very thankful to Chris and Terry [Shockley] to make this transition from Armada to Prairie Winds a reality.”
The stations include:
* KSDN-FM Aberdeen, 94.1 MHz, 100 kW @ 440’
* KSDN-AM Aberdeen, 930 kHz, 5 kW-D, 1 kW-N
* KBFO-FM Aberdeen, 106.7 MHz, 100 kW @ 446’
* KGIM-AM Aberdeen, 1420 kHz, 5 kW-D, 230 W-N
* KGIM-FM Redfield, 103.7 MHz, 100 kW @ 554’
* KNBZ-FM Redfield, 97.7 MHz, 100 kW @ 561’