Triton Digital has released its monthly Top 20 Ranker for June 2014. The Ranker is a listing of the top-performing digital audio stations and networks measured by the Webcast Metrics audience measurement platform. Webcast Metrics is accredited by the Media Rating Council.
Here are the Top 5 for the June Domestic Ranker, daypart 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday (see below for ratings explanations):
1. Pandora Corporate (AAS 2,140,636; SS 1,032,108,504; ATSL 0.60)
2. Clear Channel Radio* (ASS 340,177; SS 162,758,349; ATSL 0.60)
3. Slacker, Inc. (AAS 56,554; SS 30,575, 611; ATSL 0.54)
4. CBS Radio Inc. (AAS 54,780; SS 18,214,305; ATSL 0.86)
5. Cumulus Streaming Nwk* (AAS 54,701; SS 19,937,073; ATSL 0.79)
* Part of Katz Digital Audio
• Average Active Sessions (AAS) is defined as “Total Listening Hours (TLH) divided by hours in the reported time period.”
• TLH is defined as the total number of hours that the station/publisher has streamed during sessions with duration of at least one minute in total within the reported time period.
• Session Starts (SS) is defined as “the number of different requests for streams (i.e., stream requests) with a duration of at least one minute in total within the reported time period.”
• Average Time Spent Listening (ATSL) is defined as “the average number of hours for each session with a duration of at least one minute in total within the reported time period. Calculated as total time spent listening divided by active sessions.”
Rankers are divided into “Domestic” and “All Streams.” The “Domestic” Ranker quantifies listening done inside the U.S. based on log-based information provided by the station, this report is not MRC accredited. The “All Streams” Ranker merely verifies the quantity of streams without qualifying where they are being consumed, and is MRC accredited.