The Univision Network, one of the top five networks in the U.S. regardless of language, announced today that last night’s premiere of the reality beauty competition “Nuestra Belleza Latina” (“Our Latin Beauty”) reached 6.7 million Total Viewers 2+ who tuned in to all or part of the two-hour broadcast and generated more than 46 million impressions across Twitter.
The highly-anticipated sixth season premiere of “Nuestra Belleza Latina” on March 4 delivered an average audience of nearly 4.0 million Total Viewers 2+, 2.0 million Adults 18-49 and 1.1 million Adults 18-34. In comparison to last season’s premiere, Sunday night’s broadcast increased its audience among Total Viewers 2+ (+21%), Adults 18-49 (+21%), Adults 18-34 (+18%), Women 18-49 (+19%) and Men 18-49 (+24%), marking the second consecutive year of audience growth for the show’s premiere.
Sunday night’s broadcast also ranked as the second highest-rated premiere in the program’s history among Total Viewers 2+ and Adults 18-49.
- In the time period and for the entire night, the premiere of “Nuestra Belleza Latina” helped Univision rank as the No. 3 broadcast network among Adults 18-34, beating CBS and NBC.
- “Nuestra Belleza Latina” also delivered more Adult 18-34 viewers than first-run episodes of ABC’s “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” “Desperate Housewives” and “GCB;” NBC’s “Dateline” and “Celebrity Apprentice,” as well as the entire line-up on CBS (“60 Minutes, “Amazing Race 20,” “The Good Wife” and “CSI: Miami.”).
- Additionally, the premiere increased its audience in the last hour compared to the first hour across all the key demographics including among Total Viewers 2+ (+12%), Adults 18-49 (+14%) and Adults 18-34 (+9%).
Source: The Nielsen Company, NPM Fast National Ratings, Sunday (03/04/2012) 7:00pm-11:00pm, Univision’s “Nuestra Belleza Latina” premiere telecast aired from 8:00pm-10:00pm. English-language broadcast networks based on NPM Fast Affiliate Ratings 7:00pm-11:00pm. Reach based on NPM Fast Cume, Persons 2+, 6+ minute qualified audience (visitors included). Live+SD.
- In local markets, “Nuestra Belleza Latina” made Univision the No. 1 broadcast station during the time period among:
- Total Viewers 2+ in Miami
- Adults 18-49 in Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas and Phoenix (tie)
- Adults 18-34 in New York, Miami, San Francisco, Phoenix and SacramentoIn fact, in Miami “Nuestra Belleza Latina” was the No. 1 broadcast program in all of primetime among Total Viewers 2+, Adults 18-49 and Adults 18-34. It was also the No. 1 program in primetime among Adults 18-34 in Phoenix.
- Last night’s broadcast of “Nuestra Belleza Latina” delivered growth over last season’s premiere in the following markets:
- Among Total Viewers 2+ in Los Angeles (+9%), New York (+3%), Miami (+63%), Chicago (+40%), San Francisco (+1%) and Phoenix (+71%)
- Among Adults 18-49 in New York (+22%), Miami (+100%), Chicago (+37%), San Francisco (+29%) and Phoenix (+173%)
- Among Adults 18-34 in New York (+5%), Miami (+104%), Chicago (+15%), San Francisco (+100%), Phoenix (+208%) and Sacramento (+4%)
Source: The Nielsen Company, NSI Ratings Sunday (3/04/2012),“Nuestra Bella Latina” aired 8:15-10:15pm E/PT, 7:15-9:15pm Central. Primetime is defined as ABC/CBS/NBC/IND/SLTV Sun 7P-11P ET/PT (Sun 6P-10P CT) and FOX/CW Sun 7P-10P ET/PT (Sun 6P-9P CT). Year to Year comparison based on program average impressions. Live+SD.
SOCIAL MEDIA Highlights:
- As a result of the network’s social media engagement efforts, on Sunday Univision was a top five network on social television, according to Trendrr.tv. “Nuestra Belleza Latina” also ranked among the top broadcast shows on social television, delivering more social activity than CBS’ “The Good Wife” and FOX’s “The Cleveland Show and “Napoleon Dynamite.”
- The premiere also generated over 46 million impressions on Twitter on March 4, according to Radian6.
“Nuestra Belleza Latina,” hosted by Giselle Blondet, delivers full force entertainment by mixing the thrills of reality television with the glitz of beauty competitions. Judges include renowned beauty coach Osmel Sousa, who also is president of Miss Venezuela; Mexico’s former Miss Universe, Lupita Jones; and Julian Gil, the actor from Univision’s hit novela “La Que No Podia Amar” (“The One That Couldn’t Love”).
Throughout the show, NuestraBellezaLatina.com will feature exclusive videos from the mansion where the contestants live, including intimate video confessions, beauty tips, program recaps, photos, daily updates and more. The site will also include a sweepstakes giving fans the chance to win $10,000. For the first time ever a “Nuestra Belleza Latina” webnovela, “La Heredera” (The Heiress), will be available online and on mobile each week, where fans can choose between two alternate endings and dictate the storyline for the next episode.
Fans can view updates on the Univision App and engage with the show and its personalities on social platforms including on “Nuestra Belleza Latina” forums, on Twitter via @NuestraBelleza and on Facebook.com/NuestraBellezaLatina.
Univision On Demand will also feature profiles of all the “Nuestra Belleza Latina” contestants, along with two exclusive videos each week, “El Camerino de los Jueces” (The Judges’ Dressing Rooms) and “El Confesionario de la Eliminada” (Confessions from the Eliminated).
(Source: Univision )