“93%”

0

Dave DemerIt’s a number we’re all familiar with, it’s roughly the percentage of people in the US that listen to the radio each week.  It’s an amazing number, and one we rightly should be very proud of. But it’s something else:  Coincidentally it’s about the same percentage of marketing dollars that are NOT spent on radio.  In my 24 years in the business (and I suspect before), we’ve garnered about 7% of the ad revenue.  Which leaves the other 93%.


What are we doing about it?  We’ve heard the term “go beyond the buyer”,  but that 1 on 1 effort hasn’t worked to the extent we need as an industry.  What are we doing on a bigger level to uncover opportunities?

Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)