Carrying the torch for broadcasters at the FCC field hearings on Hurricane Sandy will be John Hogan (pictured) of Clear Channel, Dave Davis of WABC-TV and Paul Rotella of the New Jersey Broadcasters Association. And there will be representatives from numerous other organizations and government entities at the 2/5/13 event.
Time Warner Cable’s Brian Allen and Tony Bardo of Echostar’s Hughes Network Systems will represent the MVPD community.
Here, from the FCC, is the full schedule and list of panelists.
Location: Alexander Hamilton U.S. Customs House, 1 Bowling Green, Manhattan, New York, NY 10004
9:00 AM Welcome and Opening Remarks
10:00 AM Panel #1: Public and Private Responses to Superstorm Sandy
Moderator: David Turetsky, Chief, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau, FCC
* Sean Kielty, Region II Emergency Communications Coordinator, Federal Emergency Management Agency
* Rahul Merchant, Chief Information and Innovation Officer and Commissioner, Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications, New York City
* Cliff Abbio, Crown Castle U.S.A.
* Jack Schnirman, City Manager, City of Long Beach, New York
* Michael Corso, Managing Director, New York State Public Service Commission
11:00 AM Panel #2: Assessing Network Resiliency – Lessons Learned From Sandy
Moderator: Sean Lev, General Counsel, FCC
* Jim Gerace, Vice President State Government Affairs – New York, Verizon
* Ed Comer, General Counsel, Edison Electric Institute
* Upendra Chivukula, Assemblyman, New Jersey State Legislature
* Brian Allen, Corporate Group Vice President and Chief Security Officer, Time Warner Cable
Tony Bardo, Vice President, Hughes Network Systems (an Echostar corporation)
12:00 PM Chairman Genachowski concludes morning session
Location: Stevens Institute of Technology, Babbio Center, River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030
2:00 PM Welcome and Opening Remarks
3:00 PM Panel #3: Communicating During Times of Emergency
Moderator: David Turetsky
* Chuck Bell, Consumers Union
* Dave Davis, President and GM, WABC-TV
* John Hogan, CEO, Clear Channel
* Emily Rahimi, Manager of Social Media, New York Fire Department
* Nigel Snoad, Product Manager, Google Crisis Response
4:00 PM Panel #4: “Outside the box” – New Ideas to Improve Communications Services
Moderator: Sean Lev
* Brian Fontes, CEO, National Emergency Number Association
* David Dodd, Chief Information Officer, Stevens Institute of Technology
* Professor Shiv Panwar, Polytechnic Institute of New York University
* Bill Smith, President of Network Operations, AT&T
* Paul Rotella, New Jersey Broadcasters Association
5:00 PM Chairman Genachowski concludes afternoon session.