ABC won Friday night among Adults 18-49, beating CBS by 7%, NBC by 25% and Fox by 67%. In fact, with Shark Tank, Primetime: What Would You Do? and 20/20, the Net ranked #1 in each hour of the evening with young adults. ABC claimed the Top 2 TV shows of the night with Shark Tank and 20/20, respectively.
· ABC was up week to week and paced ahead of the year-ago night in both viewers and young adults.
Friday’s #1 TV show, ABC’s Shark Tank dominated the 8 o’clock hour in Adults 18-49, defeating CBS’ Undercover Boss for the first time ever and by a definitive 21%.
· The ABC unscripted series surged to 7-week highs in Total Viewers and Adults 18-49 – since 3/16/12.
· Shark Tank, which is delivering its best-ever season, soared over its year-ago telecast in the hour by 33% in viewers and by 42% in young adults
During the 9 o’clock hour, ABC’s Primetime: What Would You Do? won its slot with Adults 18-49, leading CBS’ CSI: NY by 8%, NBC’s Grimm by 8% and Fox’s Fringe by 56%.
· The ABC newsmagazine’s numbers shot up by double digits week to week in viewers (+18%) and young adults (+27%).
Building on its lead-in during the 10 o’clock hour, ABC’s 20/20 took first place with young adults, outdelivering CBS’ Blue Bloods by 8%. In addition, 20/20 continued to beat out NBC’s Dateline in the time period, winning the newsmagazine race in Total Viewers, Adults 25-54 and Adults 18-49. Anchored by Barbara Walters with reports from Walters, Sharon Alfonsi, John Berman and Cameron Mathison, “Extreme Parenting” on 20/20 delved into wacky, unconventional and sometimes controversial parenting methods.
· 20/20 was up for the 2nd week in a row, gaining 4% with viewers and 7% with young adults over the prior week.