Anheuser-Busch grabbed the top spot in USA Today’s Super Bowl Ad Meter for a record tenth year in a row. Anheuser- Busch’s Budweiser ad featuring a Dalmatian training a Clydesdale to make the beer wagon team was the most popular, according to USA Today’s Ad Meter. Volunteers gave the ad a score of 8.73 (on a scale of 0 to 10).
For the first time, USA Today Ad Meter’s second-by-second responses of the consumer ad testing panel are available to review.
The top five ads and final ratings are:
1. Anheuser-Busch/Budweiser — Dalmatian trains Clydesdale to make beer
wagon team — 8.73
2. FedEx — FedEx beats giant carrier pigeons — 8.26
3. Bridgestone — Critters scream with squirrel missed by car — 8.11
4. Doritos — Giant rat goes for guy’s bag of chips — 7.94
5. Anheuser-Busch/Bud Light — Fire-breather heats up romantic dinner —