AOL’s music and television sites were the most visited in September according to the just released comScore media metrix report. AOL Music has been #1 in the category for the entire year and is currently the only music site with over 20 million unique visitors a month, while AOL Television garnered more than 16 million monthly visitors in September.
Top Music Sites
1. AOL Music- 23,054,000- unique visitors; 507,000,000- total page views
2. Yahoo! Music- 19,666,000- unique visitors; 178,000,000- total page views
3. MTV Networks Music- 18,591,000- unique visitors; 290,000,000- total page views
4. MySpace Music- 16,845,000- unique visitors; 247,000,000- total page views
5. ARTISTdirect Network- 14,547,000- unique visitors; 113,000,000- total page views
Top Television Sites
1. AOL Television, 13,626,000- unique visitors; 332,000,000- total page views
2. Yahoo! TV, 13,371,000- unique visitors; 201,000,000- total page views
3. ABC.com- 12,627,000- unique visitors; 96,000,000- total page views
4. Disney Channel TV Network- 12,534,000- unique visitors; 319,000,000- total page views
5. MSN TV- 10,721,000- unique visitors; 153,000,000- total page views
RBR/TVBR observation: Are you seeing the value of a website with unique content? The key – the Unique Visitor is the metric.