Broadcast Music, Inc., better known as BMI, has a new Board Chair.
Elected to the post: the CEO of Beasley Media Group.
That would be Caroline Beasley, who joined the BMI board in 2014 and most recently served as Vice Chairman.
She succeeds Michael J. Fiorile, Chairman of the Dispatch Printing Company, who has been elected Presiding Director of the BMI Board.
In addition, the BMI Board of Directors has extended Mike O’Neill’s contract as President/CEO through the end of 2026.
“BMI has achieved groundbreaking success under Mike’s leadership,” said Fiorile. “During his tenure, the company set revenue and distribution records year after year, while making significant strides to protect copyright and safeguard the value of music. I, along with our Board of Directors, have no doubt that Mike is the right person to continue to lead the charge towards a modernized music licensing landscape that will benefit everyone involved. He truly leads by example, which encourages the entire BMI team to do their best every day for the songwriters, composers, publishers and business communities we are privileged to serve.”
Under O’Neill’s leadership, BMI became the first music rights organization in the world to deliver more than $1 billion in public performance royalties to its affiliates.
BMI also announced that the following six BMI Board members have been re-elected to three-year terms, expiring in 2023:
- Greg Ashlock, President, iHeartMedia Markets Group
- Rebecca Campbell, Chairman, Direct to Consumer and International, The Walt Disney Company
- Dave Lougee, President and CEO, TEGNA
- Mike O’Neill, President and CEO, BMI
- Mark Pedowitz, Chairman and CEO, The CW Network
- Perry Sook, Chairman, President and CEO, Nexstar Media Group
Continuing in their terms on the BMI Board of Directors are:
- Susan Davenport Austin, CFO, Grace Church School
- Amador Bustos, President and CEO, Bustos Media Holdings
- Bill Hoffman, President, Hoffman Communications Inc. (Retired President of Cox Media Group)
- Cathy Hughes, Founder and Chairperson, Urban One
- Phil Jones, Retired President, Meredith Corp. Broadcast Group
- Jerry Kersting, Former President, Tribune Broadcasting (past EVP/CFO, Clear Channel Radio)
- Paul Karpowicz, Retired President, Meredith Local Media Group
- Ginny Morris, Chair and CEO, Hubbard Radio
- Neil Smith, President, GNS Media, LLC