Andre Fernandez, the President of CBS Radio, addressed the troops to announce multiple personnel changes in the front office, keyed by the appointment of multi-talented Scott Herman to the office of Chief Operating Officer.
Herman’s resume includes experience with all key facets of radio management, including programming, management, sales, engineering and talent development.
Fernandez said, “It gives me great pleasure to promote Scott Herman to the position of Chief Operating Officer. Scott has most recently been our Executive Vice President, Operations and New York Market Manager. With this promotion, he will return to our corporate headquarters to oversee and support our 117 local station operations and sales efforts. Scott will report directly to me, and the Market Managers will report to Scott.”
Other appointments include:
* Bob Phillips, SVP/Director of Sales
* Marc Rayfield, SVP/New York Market Manager
* Ezra Kucharz, President of Local Digital Media
Still on board, in some cases with new responsibilities, are:
* Chris Oliviero, Executive Vice President, Programming adds Research responsibility.
* Rich Lobel, EVP/CMO, Altitude
* Stacey Benson, SVP/Finance
* Jo Ann Haller, Karen Mateo, and Mark Zulli will continue to lead our efforts in Legal, Communications, and Human Resources, respectively.
And finally, exiting:
*Michael Weiss, President/Sales, is leaving to pursue other opportunities.
“I’m thrilled to be taking on this expanded role at a time of incredible opportunity for CBS Radio,” said Herman. “We have an outstanding portfolio of local market assets, and I look forward to working with station management in the evolution of their brands.”