Clear Channel Media and Entertainment announced the beta launch of the new iHeartRadio custom feature, which offers on-demand listener-created talk content alongside popular news, celebrity and entertainment “audiosodes.” iHeartRadio Talk will also feature “Daily Pulse,” a customizable Talk channel featuring the most up-to-date news and culture highlights, which allows users to add content that is most important to them.
In addition, iHeartRadio announced a unique new partnership with Spreaker, a rapidly growing company that combines simple, yet sophisticated Web and mobile broadcasting tools so audio creators can connect and stay connected with their fans in real-time. Beginning today, budding radio stars who use Spreaker on the Web and on iOS devices will be able to record their own shows and submit for potential inclusion in iHeartRadio Talk’s official library. Clear Channel has made a priority of talent discovery and development ‹ and now, with Spreaker’s audiocast technology, up-and-coming radio personalities have the opportunity to have their show promoted alongside iHeartRadio’s most popular talents including Ryan Seacrest, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mario Lopez and Elvis Duran, as well as hundreds of local talk personalities and other major content partners including ABC News, Fox Sports, The Wall Street Journal, American Public Media, HuffPost Live, TMZ, Jillian Michaels, Adam Carolla, Mashable, Bloomberg and more.
“We’re excited that millions of ABC TV viewers will have the opportunity through iHeartRadio to keep connected to their favorite ABC programs and personalities,” said Steve Jones, Vice President and General Manager of ABC Radio. “From ABC News segments to exclusive content from ‘GMA,’ ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ and ‘The View,’ iHeartRadio extends the digital reach of ABC so that whether you’re on your couch or in your car, your favorite ABC audio content always is at your fingertips.”
Users can now access the beta version of iHeartRadio Talk on the Web and will have the ability to search for their favorite talk shows on iOS and Android phones full mobile iHeartRadio Talk functionality will be available in the fall. With more than 50,000 “audiosodes” that span more than 20 categories from business and news to comedy, lifestyle and sports listeners will enjoy customizable, on-demand content from top-rated favorite shows like Good Morning America, TED Talks, Direct from Hollywood with Ryan Seacrest, Rush Limbaugh’s “Rush Daily Update Minute,” CollegeHumor Originals and more. Content from Jimmy Kimmel Live and The View will also be available beginning in September when their fall seasons launch on ABC TV.
iHeartRadio Talk features:
· Customized listening Users can indicate their preferences with a “thumbs up” or “thumbs down,” similar to iHeartRadio’s Custom Music Stations, but with no skip limits and the ability to rewind.
· Daily Pulse A completely customizable channel, Daily Pulse allows Web listeners full control, adding or removing shows based on their own preferences. Any show available on iHeartRadio Talk can also be added to the Daily Pulse to give the listener daily updates on what matters most to them.
· Show Pages Each iHeartRadio Talk contributor will have their own Show Page that listeners can visit for on-demand access to all their episodes. Users can also choose to add the show to their Daily Pulse station for quick and easy listening.
· Add-Ins Users on the Web can choose to include their local news, traffic and weather in their iHeartRadio Talk stations.
· Social Media Integration Users have the ability to easily share what they are listening to with their friends via Facebook or Twitter with a deep link direct to a specific episode or to the Show Page. Coming Soon listeners will have the ability to embed shows into blogs, websites and more.
To see a complete list of categories, content contributors and partners currently available on iHeartRadio Talk, please visit http://news.iheart.com/talk/content/.